Windows 10 No WiFi

I just installed Windows 10 and noticed that I cant connect to my internet with Wifi. But I can connect to it with an ethernet cable. When I press the internet icon on the left side of the task bar, my router doesnt appear and I dont have a wifi section on my Network Settings View media item 664 I really need to fix this.

Sort of looks like your Wireless adapter is not enabled or no driver is installed. Have you checked the device manager to see what it might show? Do you have a keyboard switch for that?

Sort of looks like your Wireless adapter is not enabled or no driver is installed. Have you checked the device manager to see what it might show? Do you have a keyboard switch for that?
I just went to the device manager and found that under Other Devices, Network Controller was outdated, but it couldn't update it. Everything in Network Adapters and Network Infrastructure Devices were updated.
Device Manager.PNG

Do you know what model the adapter is? Are there any drivers on the OEM site, probably for the computer manufacturer?

If you can't find any info, go to the properties of the controller in Device Manager, look at the Details page and check for the Hardware ID. If you include that information, someone may be able to track down what the device is.

In some instances, when a device is unknown, Windows needs a hint as to what it is. Windows my find it eventually but finding a driver to install may speed up the process.

I am having the same problem. Nothing is working for me at all. I have no devices available tried to set up manually, checked network adapters and everything is up to date. I really need this to work! I can't even find this wifi sense it's saying some files may be still indexing?

The problem for the OP was there appears to be no driver for his Wireless adapter. You seem to say your Device Manager is showing those devices showing normally.

WiFi sense in an additional service you may be able to deal with after the current problem is resolved.

I hate to interrupt the OP's thread, perhaps when he posts again his situation will be solved... You may want to start a new thread so you can include pictures of whatever isn't working correctly.

Do you know what model the adapter is? Are there any drivers on the OEM site, probably for the computer manufacturer?

If you can't find any info, go to the properties of the controller in Device Manager, look at the Details page and check for the Hardware ID. If you include that information, someone may be able to track down what the device is.

In some instances, when a device is unknown, Windows needs a hint as to what it is. Windows my find it eventually but finding a driver to install may speed up the process.
Here are the hardware IDs. If anyone knows what device this is, it would be much appreciated if you shared your knowledge.
Hardware IDs.PNG

Windows 10 no Wi-Fi Fix!

Hi all,

I installed Windows 10 today and had the same problem with my laptop. There was no Wi-Fi option visible with my Atheros Wi-Fi Network adapter and so I had a driver issue too. I managed to fix it and so thought I'd join just to help out anyone else with the same issue.

First thing I did was check if "Flight Mode" was on, which mine was and so it was lucky that I checked!
(for anyone who doesn't know, just click on the network logo on the bottom right, right-click on Flight Mode, go to settings and select off on the toggle switch. You can just tap the Flight Mode button to toggle, but mine was on and I couldn't see the Airplane logo, until Wi-Fi was set up).

I then went into Device Manager and there was the usual small yellow triangle warning on the bottom left of the adapter and so I plugged in an Ethernet cable and right-clicked on the adapter icon/text and selected "Update Driver Software..". It said my driver was up to date, but the Wi-Fi was still not visible and so I then right-clicked the same adapter and selected "Properties", then the "Driver" tab and then selected "Uninstall".

I was expecting to reinstall the driver, however as soon as I completed this the Wi-Fi worked and it asked me to change my Wi-Fi settings (where it asks if you want to share your settings with your Outlook Contacts, Skype and Facebook). I then just selected my Wi-Fi network and logged-in.

Hope this helps anyone with the same issue.

Back