Windows 7 norton 360

etrex

I installed windows 7 and both my nic adaptors (attansic L1, and realtek 8169). The computer was working wizbang. I then installed norton 360 and started seeing the BSOD w/tdx.sys error message. I tried couple different dated drivers with both adaptors and still received the tdx.sys error. I uninstalled norton 360 and walla, the system is solid again.

Just a heads up.

bob

indeed y dont you try using avg free antivirus in the mean time as it works perfectly on my machine.

eset Smart Security works fine for me. I tried the recommended beta of Norton 360 and It constantly gave me the BSOD.

I got the same blue screen with n360 so I restored my vista, removed n360, installed AVG and reinstalled W7. That blew away half my day - but at least it works without blue screens ---- so far!

You know... now that I think about it, I got the BSOD(Blue Screen Of Death) after i installed norton 360 also... i am defenetly installing (code name) Morro "live onecare part 2 lol"

indeed y dont you try using avg free antivirus in the mean time as it works perfectly on my machine.
Now that I think about it - it's amazing how the big sellers (Norton etc) don't bother developing new product - how long has W7 been available for testing by developers? I remember I used to use ZoneAlarm until Vista - even 3 months after the release of the RETAIL Vista it still crashed.

Last edited:
LOL.
AVG is a POS.
They should rename it that.
If you need a free antivirus, use Avast. It's a much better option.

AVG is a great antivirus program. I would recommend it over avast in a heartbeat. It is easy to understand and is user friendly. Not in the 5 years i have used it have i ever gotten a virus or any other infection on any of my pcs. I regularly once a week run the in depth online panda scan to double check the computer. I have heard people who have used avast in the past and have had viruses get past the security.

AVG is a great antivirus program. I would recommend it over avast in a heartbeat. It is easy to understand and is user friendly. Not in the 5 years i have used it have i ever gotten a virus or any other infection on any of my pcs. I regularly once a week run the in depth online panda scan to double check the computer. I have heard people who have used avast in the past and have had viruses get past the security.

I don't use antivirus software, and I haven't had a virus in about 7 years.
(if you're wondering how I know, my friend checks it with NOD32 and Kaspersky every once in a while, believing he'll actually find something so he can gloat.)

It's not about what you use, it's about your knowledge of a computer.
If you're talking about the best, then NOD32 kicks both their asses, but that's neither here nor there.

As for AVG, if you go on a dozen people's PCs with AVG, and run NOD32 or any other GOOD antiviral software, you will not only find stray viruses, but you'll find that AVG's .exe is infected with a virus, and that virus has spread through the computer as well. There are over a dozen viruses that attack AVG specifically, and the protection against its own infection is pitiful.

I've worked in computer repair shops and have seen it first hand. AVG is a POS.

Back