Not getting any audio output

Discussion in 'Windows 7 Hardware' started by bmwmcrider, Jul 25, 2010.

1. bmwmcrider

bmwmcrider New Member

Hello,

Earlier this morning I moved my PC to a different location about four feet away from its previous location. I hooked up all my connections - only a monitor and external speakers - and turned my PC back on. I then discovered I was no longer getting any audio output.

Running the Win7 troubles shooter I get dialog informing me to plug in the speaker, headphone, etc. Well I have a speaker plugged in. The system information shows the device driver status as OK.

Any suggestions as to what my problem is or what trouble shooting I do to solve the problem.

Thanks,

Mike

2. TorrentG

TorrentG Banned

Hey.

Make sure it is plugged into the correct output jack.

If you're sure it is, then check on the Windows Audio service. Type services.msc in the start menu then hit enter. Start the service and make sure it is set to automatic.

Probably just plugged in wrong since you moved it.

3. Nibiru2012

Nibiru2012 New Member

It's either that or not fully plugged in, which is easy to happen.

Double-check all your plugs and connections.

4. bmwmcrider

bmwmcrider New Member

Hi TorrentG,

Thanks for the response. I had already checked the items you suggested - the speakers are plugged into the correct jack on the computer, they are working ( tested them on my MacBook Pro), and the Windows Audio Services is set for auto start and is shown as started.

Mike

5. cybercore

cybercore New Member

Icon tray notification (rightmost on your taskbar) -> click volume -> mixer -> click on the 'Device' tab (left top) :

[​IMG]
    (picture from: ask.creative.com)

Make sure your speakers are checked there (as the default audio output). You may need to set your speakers default audio device in your audio driver manager such as Realtek HD Manager:

set default device

[​IMG]

6. Saltgrass

Saltgrass Excellent Member
    Microsoft Community Contributor

If you right click on the speaker icon and select Playback Devices, do you get the same type of setup as the attachment?

Do you have a headset you could try?

Attached Files: