Windows 7 notification/tray problem

mohack

Hi everyone!
I know, there are several threads about the new notification area, but I have a specific problem:
I really like the idea of allowing or not allowing every single tray notification, but:
I use an ICQ client (QIP), which notifies for a new message by a blinking tray icon (which I like). But the default for tray icons is that they are hidden, so even if I set the program icon itself to be always visible, the popup notifications for the single messages are still not visible by default, so i don't get so see them. When I change one of them manually to be always visible, it only works till the next reboot. After that Windows seems to have forgotten that I changed the notification status.
Is there any solution?
Thanks!

Try this, it worked for msn messenger being a hidden icon and may revert the defaults for this too:

Open %programfiles%\ICQ Directory and search for the main ICQ executable. Right click and run it in compatability mode for vista or xp sp3. See if that works.

Let me know how you go!

Go to control panel > Notification Area Icons and check the box to always show all icons and notifications.

Back
Top Bottom