Windows 7 Now what?

I've just wiped the 32 bit win 7 off of the test pc...partitioning 200 gig for 64 bit Vista on a dual boot. Should I....

1. reload 64 bit win 7 v 7000
2. wait for the rc
3. go out drinking and forget about all of lifes worries!

I,m waiting for the RC now Kevin. Hence my extended absences from the site. No point in flogging bugs in the builds anymore, but - 64Biit is running , in respect of stability and speed, much better the 32 - Go for it!

I have to agree with davehc on this one.. I'm also waiting for the RC... in the meantime I'm sticking with Win 7 Build 7000 64 bit.. and it runs perfectly fine... ;) There is really no point to installing all these daily builds and putting that much more wear and tear on your HDD (s).. But like davehc said, if you've got the space then why not put build 7000 64 bit on again.. ;) Look at it this way, by dual booting Vista and 7.. if Vista fu*ks up bad than you can simply switch to the rock solid Windows 7.. :)

I have to agree with davehc on this one.. I'm also waiting for the RC... in the meantime I'm sticking with Win 7 Build 7000 64 bit.. and it runs perfectly fine... ;) There is really no point to installing all these daily builds and putting that much more wear and tear on your HDD (s).. But like davehc said, if you've got the space then why not put build 7000 64 bit on again.. ;) Look at it this way, by dual booting Vista and 7.. if Vista fu*ks up bad than you can simply switch to the rock solid Windows 7.. :)

theres nothing like wear and tear caused by installing and removing windows on a HDD.

I would not care to argue the point. But the hard disk is being constantly written to (and erased) whilst in use, with various functions such as the search, superfetch, swapfile and anything which is being used to write to the HD. Not forgetting the defrag, if you have it on automatic.
I really don't think that installing a new os (with software about 15 to 25 GBs) is going to affect it any more.
I would guess that, on my 3 year old laptop, I have probably done more than a thousand times. No visible problems yet.

well I'll toss 7000 64 bit back on...seems to be a consensus. I went through a couple of days fighting VMWare and Virtual PC, that was no fun.
Thanks boys

Back