ntoskrnl.exe Blue Screen

Discussion in 'Windows 7 Blue Screen of Death (BSOD)' started by Shawn Holcomb, Aug 30, 2011.

1. Shawn Holcomb

Shawn Holcomb New Member

ive got 3 blue screens so far.. i used blue screen view, and says its my ntoskrnl driver.. i have attached my dmp files rar'd in a folder. i am using win7 64.. let me know if you need to know anything else.. What do i do? Thanks!

Attached Files:

2. Trouble

Trouble Noob Whisperer

All three dump files look pretty much identical
    Code:
    *******************************************************************************
    *                                                                             *
    *                        Bugcheck Analysis                                    *
    Use !analyze -v to get detailed debugging information.
    BugCheck A, {fffffa801d05f090, 2, 0, fffff8000312af9f}
    Probably caused by : [U][B]memory_corruption[/B][/U] ( nt!MiIdentifyPfn+23f )
    Followup: MachineOwner
    ---------
    2: kd> !analyze -v
    *                        Bugcheck Analysis                                    *
    [U][B]IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL[/B][/U] (a)
    An attempt was made to access a pageable (or completely invalid) address at an
    interrupt request level (IRQL) that is too high.  [U][B]This is usually
    caused by drivers using improper addresses[/B][/U].

The only driver that I'm seeing at a quick glance that may be an issue is
    SSPORT.sys 8/11/2005 Samsung Electronics 32bit Port Contention Driver
    Additionally, read the first post here and gather the information into a new folder on your desktop, zip it up and attach it to your next post.

3. Elmer

Elmer Extraordinary Member

Further to Troubles excelllent advice:

PC Tools is known to be a cause of BSOD's on many Windows 7 systems. Uninstall PC Tools, including ThreatFire. Download Microsoft Security Essentials as its replacement. Make sure your Windows firewall is enabled!

1 person likes this.
  4. Shawn Holcomb

Shawn Holcomb New Member

The only driver that I'm seeing at a quick glance that may be an issue is
    SSPORT.sys 8/11/2005 Samsung Electronics 32bit Port Contention Driver
    Additionally, read the first post here and gather the information into a new folder on your desktop, zip it up and attach it to your next post.[/QUOTE]

**Ok, i will delete the samsung **** no problem, its for an old phone

5. Shawn Holcomb

Shawn Holcomb New Member

i will do this also

6. Shawn Holcomb

Shawn Holcomb New Member

i uninstalled pc tools, got the microsoft security essentials, and i couldnt find any samsung software or driver at all.. anyway, everything was fine, until i got another one today, attaching the .dmp file

Attached Files: