Windows 7 Numbered indets

MichaelB

Hi there. In MS Office Word I frequently use numbered indents but have to adjust the indent each time in a new document. I have to right click against the number, adjust the indent, and then click OK. How can I fix the indent to the required distance for every new document without having to adjust each time. In XP this was a simple exercise but I have yet to find it in 7 - clearly I am missing something. Help will really be appreciated. Regards, MichaelB

I believe you have to alter the template Word starts with which seems to be Normal.dotm. If you open the help section and type "Save a Word document as a template" you will be given some options about how to save a template.

I believe you have to alter the template Word starts with which seems to be Normal.dotm. If you open the help section and type "Save a Word document as a template" you will be given some options about how to save a template.

Many thanks for the advice - I will certainly give it a try. Will advise how it goes! Regards, M

You also may be able to edit the styles options. I always had problems with the thing starting with double line spacing. If you right click the Normal style, you might find a setting for what you want, possibly on the bottom using the Format button.

You also may be able to edit the styles options. I always had problems with the thing starting with double line spacing. If you right click the Normal style, you might find a setting for what you want, possibly on the bottom using the Format button.

Yep, I tried that but could not get it to work - but will try again later. In XP the setting of the numbered indents was so very easy - I am surprised that in 7 it seems to be something of a mission - there has to be an easier way somewhere - will keep looking and asking locally (in Johannesburg, RSA). Rgds, M

Back