Windows 8 NVIDIA Drivers Receive Windows 8 Certification

kemical

Windows Forum Admin
Staff member
Premium Supporter
Nvidia have announced that their driver will be fully Windows 8 compliant when it's new R302 drivers are released. These are expected to surface early next week.

In conjunction with today’s launch of Microsoft Windows 8 Release Preview and the opening of the Microsoft Windows Hardware Quality Labs (WHQL) for Windows 8, NVIDIA has received Windows 8 certification for its new R302 graphics drivers.

The WHQL certification of R302 drivers highlights the fact that NVIDIA is in lock-step with Microsoft and is fully prepared for Windows 8.

The new Windows 8 WHQL-certified GeForce R302 drivers will be available for download early next week from GeForce.com (Note: R302 drivers will be Windows 8 only. Other Windows operating systems will continue to use R300 drivers).

NVIDIA’s Windows 8 drivers support all the features in the new Windows Display Driver Model (WDDM) v1.2. The drivers also support award-winning NVIDIA 3D Vision and 3DTV Play products, allowing you to play more than 600 games, watch Blu-ray movies and view photos – all in 3D.

Reference:

NVIDIA Drivers Receive Windows 8 Certification « NVIDIA

I tried installing Win 8 using the correct new nVidia Win 8 driver, and the install failed! It says "we couldn't install the driver... contact your vendor..." My motherboard does not have on board graphics, so it needs the card + driver, and that's why the install won't work. I am very disappointed that Microsoft and nVidia would waste my time like this. Why would this even be offered to the public at this stage?

Could you list the exact driver used please or even a link to it, thanks..

Back
Top Bottom