Windows 7 Nvidia Graphics Driver Installation Instructions for Microsoft Windows 7

kemical

Windows Forum Admin
Staff member
Premium Supporter
These instructions were taken from the Nvidia site and can be found here: NVIDIA Driver Help

Help Installing Drivers:
Q: After I click Agree and Download, should I select Run or Save?
A: You can select either depending on your preference. If you want to save the driver for use at a later time or on a different PC then you should select Save. If you want to download and start installing immediately then you can select Run.
Q: Do I need to uninstall my older driver first?
A: No. It used to be the case that an uninstall was first required. Today the recommended method is to overinstall the newer driver on top of your older driver. This will allow you to maintain any current NVIDIA Control Panel settings or profiles.
Q: I want to go back to my older driver. How do I do that?
A: If you overinstalled the newer driver over the older driver then you can roll back to the older driver. Instructions can be found here: Option 2: Roll Back To Your Previous Driver.

I thought this addition might be helpful.
I finally found a solution for the shut down error 7016. I found this on NVIDIA forum
# NVIDIA Stereoscopic 3D Driver Service - This service is only useful if you have specific hardware to use the Nvidia 3D Vision functionality. Since most users do not have this hardware, then this service is best set to Disabled as it is not required for normal 3D graphics functionality. The best option however is to remove this component altogether, which can be done by going to Control Panel>Add/Remove Programs in XP or Control Panel>Programs and Features in Vista & 7, selecting the 'Nvidia Stereoscopic 3D Drivers' item and uninstalling it. This will remove the Nvidia Stereoscopic 3D Driver Service as well as the relevant driver components, which again are not necessary for normal 3D gaming, and are only used if you specifically have Stereoscopic 3D glasses and hardware.
Joe

Back
Top Bottom