Nvidia + Tv Tuner Problem Doing my head in

Discussion in 'Windows 7 Graphics' started by selien, Feb 1, 2010.

1. selien

selien New Member

Ok..
    First post here, so ill say hi first! (long time reader first time poster :p), hope someone can help me out, it would be greatly appreciated!

Ok I am running Win7, I have a winfast TV tuner card and a nvidia pcie gfx card.

Up until recently, I had absolutely no problems with them both.

They ran fine, perfectly.
    I have a multuple RCA port station, I have my xbox360 plugged into it and my cable tv also, this plugs into my TV tuner card which accepts the 3 connectors, red, white, yellow and connects to the card as a S-Video
    My gfx card utilises its HDMI port to my plasma tv.

So generally, when I want to play xbox or watch cable tv, I will run it through my tuner cards software, winfast PVR2. Using the CVBS channel it will display my tv or xbox, which in turn I can then record etc or display on my plasma or monitor to do what or utilise what I need at the time.

My tv tuner card, sat on the lowest PCI port in my pc, and the cable seemed to stretch abit, so I decided to open up my box and move the card to the highest available port just so I can relax the cable abit.

After rebooting, the devices are still there, I get video from the tv tuner card but absolutely no audio. I have rechecked the cables and everything is connected 100% fine.
    Now also, my gfx card wont pick up my plasma, I cant seem to enable my tv anymore.

I tried various things, reinstalling drivers, moving the tv tuner card back to its original port, trying different settings and yes, I reinstalled win7 and now, Im getting absolutely nothing.
    I seem to have lost the ability to play audio via my tv tuner card and my plasma is no longer detected.

Does anyone know whats going or what I need to do?

Thanks for any help!

2. cybercore

cybercore New Member

Do you have your audio (sound blaster) driver installed ?

Do you see any "yellow" devices in the Device Manager, especially under:

Control Panel => System => Device Manager => Sound Video and Game Controllers ?

3. selien

selien New Member

Im using my mobos audio device, and all drivers seem to be ok and up to date.

devices.

4. kemical

kemical Windows Forum Admin
    Staff Member Premium Supporter Microsoft MVP

I'm not sure if this will work but try 'system restore' and see if returning the machine to a time before you moved the hardware helps...