Windows 8 odd file

Peterr

Fantastic Member
View attachment 26120 View attachment 26120
windows.png
Hello Win 8.1
I am going to upload attachments I found in; file explorer>click on the word Windows disc C: and this file is on the bottom of a list appears. I opened it to show the 2nd prtscn.
When opened it looks like Revo was involved as well as Patch my PC.
It especially concerns me because there are circles at the top of the word doc and I am afraid of changing the default for Word opening. It is now in Unicode.
Should I remove it, or will harm be done?
Thank you
Peter
I apologize for the awkward uploads and truly hope my point is legible and understandable.

Last edited:
Just open the file by right clicking, selecting "open with Word." You can then save the document as a Word document which will avoid making any changes to and overwriting the rtf file.

Is it safe to delete it if I do not need it?
I ask b/c it says I need admin permission to delete it. It is so odd to see this lone file with these folders.
Is there a way to test if I actually need it?

Last edited:
If you open and read it you can probably answer the question for yourself once you see its contents. If you are still uncertain then I suggest you copy it to some external media (hard drive pen drive etc) before you delete it - than you may recover it if you later find you need it.

I tried to understand the contents but they were such that I could not determine what to do.
I created a restore point before deleting and labeled it so I could find it but don't know if it would restore that file. I did not think to save it somewhere.
Thank you

I think you are right ; perhaps a file was saved to the wrong place. As usual I will report back if something turns up.
Would you think system restore would bring that file to its original location? I don't know if SR restores files to their original location.
I know I could try it but I have already pushed the envelope.

I certainly appreciate your work involved in researching this file. I have read your information, thank you.
I am saving your download link in case something goes awry in the interpretation department.
If all goes well, no harm done, but lesson learned about removing files. Pat had the idea to save it ,"in case."
I have 3 T space on a drive so its not a matter of space but of thinking ahead. :(
Thanks Mike.
Peter
P.S. Do you have an opinion, only, about system restore reviving the file?

I heard about recuva but that is down the road. You saved me time and trouble and I thank you.
Peter

Back
Top Bottom