Windows 10 Odd problems

JaredRB9000

So yesterday I needed to print something, but we just got a new printer. So I went and downloaded the basic driver for a HP 3630 printer, restarted, logged in, and once I did, the desktop was solid black. I could move the mouse, but that's it.

It gets weirder, because when I tried to start my computer today, it couldn't even boot to Windows. It gets to here and that's it.
35516c37f0b1f83a2d29e197d4786c16.jpg

I'm not sure if it's pure coincidence that those 2 happened one after another, but I definitely am stuck.

The pc is an iBuyPower, has 8gb ddr3, has an msi graphics card with 2gb, a 1tb hard drive, and I think 3.5gHtz processor

There are no disk drives detected, hence it can't boot.
The first thing I would check is BIOS. Look in there which boot devices are selected. If you are not familiar with computers got to a repair shop and have it checked

There are no disk drives detected, hence it can't boot.
The first thing I would check is BIOS. Look in there which boot devices are selected. If you are not familiar with computers got to a repair shop and have it checked

I can get to the boot menu, here's some pictures of what's selected.
0be9ae85d4b776375b136c36afe2a672.jpg
564714bff4adfb19de825264166885e9.jpg

That screen is part of the BIOS POST. If you haven't already try unplugging the printer and see if it will boot.

Hi

How old is the computer?

Where did you download the driver from, did you get it from HP website of one of those
"Download your driver generic sites"?

It's possible (but not likely) that this is malware related, but you may have just had a failure of the drive, it happens some times.

If you have any bootable disk, i.e. a Windows install disk, put it in the DVD drive and see if it is recognized by the bios.

You can download a Windows install disk from here...

Download Windows 10

Select the option to create media.

If it fails to recognize the DVD make sure that it's set as the first option in the boot order.

If it still malfunctions then you may have has some failure of the mother board.

If you can't get it to recognize any thing, it's pretty hard to go further, since you can't access any of the options necessary to fix the problem.

Then it may be time to go to a pro, the good new is that if it's a failure of the mother board you data is probably fine, as opposed to if the disk drive has failed.

Mike

Back