Odd Situation: Sending a text file directly to a Networked printer Formating issue?

First off, hello everyone! Thank you for reading my first post. :D
The place I worked at runs heavily on batch file. Its crazy. I have never seen a setup like this before.
Anyway, we have an in house program made in magic that sends labels to a dot matrix printer via a batch file. This has been working for years just fine under Windows XP. However, it’s a little messed up now that we have moved to Windows 7 on some workstations.
What is supposed to happen is a pre-formatted text file was being sent to printers using the net use command in windows XP the format of the label is something like this:
Customer Name
Customer Address
City, State, Zip

The command goes something like this:
net use lpt3: /delete
net use lpt3: "\\printserver\printer name"
COPY F:\directory\filename.txt lpt3:

It would be printed on a roll of labels that is fed into a narrow matix printer. No problems.

Now we move to Windows 7. I created a batch file that uses the print command like this:

Print /d: “\\printerserver\printer name” F:\directory\filename.txt

It sends the job fine but what happens is that after the label is printed, the printer will advance about 5 more labels on the printer roll before it prints the next label and even then, it doesn’t print on the label correctly. Only the first initial label works as intended.
I looked to see if there were carriage returns in the text doc but didn’t see any.

Anyone have any suggestions?

This website is not affiliated, owned, or endorsed by Microsoft Corporation. It is a member of the Microsoft Partner Program.