Windows 7 OEMBackground

Cardinal System

Honorable Member
Hi, how's it goin'? I was wondering, with the file path "C:\Windows\System32\oobe\info\backgrounds" and the "regedit.exe" path "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Authentication\LogonUI\Background\OEMBackground" you can make your logon screen have a custom background, but in "C:\Windows\System32\oobe\info\backgrounds" can you make have more then one "backgroundDefault", and set it by changing "OEMBackground"'s value to 2?

Thanks a bunch for your precious time!

WOW! I don't know?? Is this a prize question??:rofl: Seriously! We have a member that can probably answer that question!
The member is @Neemobeer ! If anyone can, he will be the one!:D
Welcome to the forum! I see you have 9 messages!

No, you can't. The DWORD OEMBackground is used as a switch 0 use the regular Windows background, 1 use an OEM branding background (the backgroundDefault image)

To switch out backgrounds you would need to rename a different image to backgroundDefault

No, you can't. The DWORD OEMBackground is used as a switch 0 use the regular Windows background, 1 use an OEM branding background (the backgroundDefault image)

To switch out backgrounds you would need to rename a different image to backgroundDefault
Okay, thanks bunch!

Back