Office 2007 on Windows 7

I read through all the threads about installing Office 2007 on Windows 7 but could not find answer for my problem. Hence posting here. I tried installing Office 2007 that I used on my XP, Vista Home versions on the RC edition of Windows 7 but it doesnt install. The installation progresses to the stage where it asks for the location of AccLR.cab file After I provide the locaiton it gives a message "Invalid Location" and from then on the installation does not progress.... Any suggestions to solve this problem please...

reghakr

Essential Member
When you locate the accLR.cab is it in the box to select it?

Yes... its available there .... but somehow the installer doesnt seem to see it !!!!

reghakr

Essential Member
What is the exact error message you receive?

Are you installing from a CD or Hard drive? If CD, you might have some errors on the media. Try to clean it with a cloth and retry install.

I thought as much that the media might not be readable... so i copied it onto harddrive and checked.... still does not read the file... i have taken screenshots of the error messages... how do i post them here ???

reghakr

Essential Member
Down below the box to post in, you see a Manage Attachments button.

ok.. here you go :) attached images are the messages i get... first it asks for the location of the cabinet file and then after i give the correct location ... i get the stupid invalid location message and it becomes recursive from there... if i cancel the operation.. .then the installation gets cancelled...

reghakr

Essential Member
You're accessing the wrong directory.

The file AccLR.cab has to be shown in the box, not the directory.

Well.. it asks for location... not the exact file... i mean it wants the folder name as input... not the file... and i give it the folder name...

reghakr

Essential Member
No, you need the exact file name.

This website is not affiliated, owned, or endorsed by Microsoft Corporation. It is a member of the Microsoft Partner Program.