Windows 7 Office 2007

maddmaxx

I installed this on 7 and found out that MS doesn't have a PFbackup for 7 yet, no surprise considering the newness of the OS so I could not import my personal files to Office 2007. That being said I uninstalled it and installed office 2003 then I imported my backup files and had my data just like in XP. Then I installed Office 2007 and it overwrote 2003 and I had all of my data, cantacts, emails, deleted emails, etc. I almost pulled my hair out before I tried this solution. The thing to remember here is that this is a beta and the developers can not think of everything. Thats what feedback is for. So far I am really Impressed with 7 and really frustrated at the same time. So far, so good.:):)

I installed this on 7 and found out that MS doesn't have a PFbackup for 7 yet, no surprise considering the newness of the OS so I could not import my personal files to Office 2007. That being said I uninstalled it and installed office 2003 then I imported my backup files and had my data just like in XP. Then I installed Office 2007 and it overwrote 2003 and I had all of my data, cantacts, emails, deleted emails, etc. I almost pulled my hair out before I tried this solution. The thing to remember here is that this is a beta and the developers can not think of everything. Thats what feedback is for. So far I am really Impressed with 7 and really frustrated at the same time. So far, so good.:):)

It SHOULD work

here's a screen shot of mine on Windows 7 X-64. The Backup option is clearly in the outlook menu.

Office must be properly activated before the backup function will install . Otherwise you can just use import from file .pst and it works fine

The backup functionality can be downloaded from Microsoft and is called pfbackup.exe

("Torrent"or "key_genned" installations of office 2007 will fail BTW -- another reason for only using GENUINE software).

Cheers
jimbo

Thanks,
I got mine to work after the work around for the Windows installer issues that were popping up. Now if I could get Access working properly I would be one happy camper.:)

Okay I am runnuing a dual boot with 7 and XP Pro and XP had some issues (BSOD) so I did a rescue using Ghost12 and everything was fine on the XP side but I lost the 7 side (actually a boot loader issue) so a clean install there and back in business. The quirky thing was when I tried to install PF Backup it told me that I needed to install Office which was already on 7 at this time. Then I went to where the backup was located on the XP side and tried to import it and was told I didn't have permission to access that file when I am the admin on 7. So I wound up copying the file over to 7 and BAM no issues. And yes my Office is activated. ;)

Jesus Wept

Seriuosly nobody here has a clue about PF Backup not installing on 7? I have Office 2003 on my XP Pro side and PF Backup worked perfectly. Then I upgraded to Office 2007 and installed that on my 7 side but when I went to install PF Backup I got an error message telling me that I didn't have either Outlook 2000 or 2003 on my computer and it was right I had 2007. So I uninstalled 2007 and put 2003 on my 7 side and tried again. Guess what? It didn't see that installation of Outlook either. These are both legal copies of 2003 and 2007. So lets recap shall we? Works on XP Pro wih Outlook 2003 but not on 7 with either 2003 or 2007. I'm guessing that it's a glitch in 7. Anyone else? The only thing I haven't tried is installing Office 2007 on the XP Pro side and see if it installs PF Backup on that. Don't you just love betas? BTW it's the 64 bit version if that helps. Any help or some one steer me to where I can get help will be greatly appreciated.:)

Seriuosly nobody here has a clue about PF Backup not installing on 7? I have Office 2003 on my XP Pro side and PF Backup worked perfectly. Then I upgraded to Office 2007 and installed that on my 7 side but when I went to install PF Backup I got an error message telling me that I didn't have either Outlook 2000 or 2003 on my computer and it was right I had 2007. So I uninstalled 2007 and put 2003 on my 7 side and tried again. Guess what? It didn't see that installation of Outlook either. These are both legal copies of 2003 and 2007. So lets recap shall we? Works on XP Pro wih Outlook 2003 but not on 7 with either 2003 or 2007. I'm guessing that it's a glitch in 7. Anyone else? The only thing I haven't tried is installing Office 2007 on the XP Pro side and see if it installs PF Backup on that. Don't you just love betas? BTW it's the 64 bit version if that helps. Any help or some one steer me to where I can get help will be greatly appreciated.:)

I have the same problem :confused:

Okay. Now I went to my XP side and installed Office 2007 and then tried the PF Backup and you'll never guess. It installed perfectly. Go figure huh? Definately a 7 issue which relieves my poor little mind.;)

But it doesn't!
I've got Win 7 build 7022 and Office 2007, all fully activatet and working. And ever since I started with Win 7 (and if I remember correct, even with Vista) i get the message, that I don't have Office 2000 or 2003 installed... It is the correct pfbackupo.exe, downloaded from the official Office site and the version for Outlook 2000, 2003 and 2007. I installed the same add-on with XP and Office 2007 several times before, no probs there at all.
Ok, there is always the possibility to copy the pst-files maually, but it is easier to let pfbackup do it... And I would think the error message would claim the operation system, not insist that no Office is installed??? Beats me...
What workaround with the installer-issue is meant in Maddmaxx' post?

Well 7 is batty I err mean beta and it's freaking strange. I got the same message and kept at it and nothing seemed to work. I then went to Office 2007 and just because windows has always been flakey I went to import and export and was not able due to a permissions error, import my PF Backup file from where it was. I did however copy it to the partition where 7 haunts and then I was able to import it. I HATE the permissions in 7. It sucks!!!! I am the Admin. and I still get freaking permission errors. Jeez what is with you people at M$? :frown:

I HATE the permissions in 7. It sucks!!!! I am the Admin. and I still get freaking permission errors. Jeez what is with you people at M$? :frown:

You can turn the User Account Controll off completely: Controll panel > Acton center > User Account Sontroll Settings...

Turn off UAC
You will not be notified before any changes are made to your computer. If you are logged on as an administrator, programs can make changes to your computer without you knowing about it. If you are logged on as a standard user, any changes that require the permissions on an administrator will automatically be denied. If you select this setting, you will need to restart the computer to complete the process of turning off UAC. Once UAC is off, people that log on as administrator will always have the permissions of an administrator.
This is the least secure setting. When you turn off UAC, you open up your computer to potential security risks. If you turn off UAC, you should be careful about which programs you run because they will have the same access to the computer as you do. This includes reading and making changes to protected system areas, your personal data, saved files, and anything else stored on the computer. Programs will also be able to communicate and transfer information to and from anything your computer connects with, including the Internet.

hello
has anyone tested VB under excel ? I can't run macro, i can't run visual basic editor.
If i open file with macro, this macro will be terminated.
Tom

Hi there
Pfbackup only works on a "Genuine Advantage" version of Office 2007 -- you might have downloaded the program but it won't work properly unless your version of office passes the Genuine Validation test (note this is different from ACTIVATION).

If you can install Outlook from Office 2003, XP or even from Office 2000 then the pfbackup will work. Reinstall Outlook 2007 from your disk and uninstall the previous version of Outlook that you used to get pfbackup to work. Don't uninstall until AFTER you've re-installed outlook 2007.

Cheers
jimbo

hello
has anyone tested VB under excel ? I can't run macro, i can't run visual basic editor.
If i open file with macro, this macro will be terminated.
Tom

Go to EXCEL options==>Popular==>trust center==>trust cenere options enable macros etc

return to your worokbook
now press ALT+F11 to open VBA editor

it's a bit fiddly compared with EXCEL 2003.

Cheers
jimbo

Last edited:
Go to EXCEL options==>Popular==>trust center==>trust cenere options enable macros etc

return to your worokbook
now press ALT+F11 to open VBA editor

i know that, i have working macro under windows xp

but under windows 7 it wont work, so i understand that under your windows 7 macro is working ?

my problem is that
1. I installed Win7
2. and installed Outlook 2007
3. This Outlook 2007 does not allow me to either import or add (in data file management) my earlier pst files: whether Archive or Personal folder.

As a result I have my current mail, but nothing from my last few years of working.

Help!!

Tks / Ravi

Last edited:
my problem is that
1. I installed Win7
2. and installed Outlook 2007
3. This Outlook 2007 does not allow me to either import or add (in data file management) my earlier pst files: whether Archive or Personal folder.

As a result I have my current mail, but nothing from my last few years of working.

Help!!

Tks / Ravi

damn thats annoying :mad:

what's the error message ?

god bless microsoft for detailed error messages :rolleyes:

somthing to try might be check permissions either on the folder or the file you are trying to import :)

Already checked for read-only. Am the admin. Have also tried switching folders / access paths / etc

Banging head on wall

BTW, when I went to an XP environment and installed Outlook 2007 and tried to add the pst files - no problem. So I don't think the problem is with the files. And I moved to Windows7 after using Vista: which I am told shd have been a breeze

Another point, whenever I start Outlook 2007, it reports "counting folders" , "first time use".

Tks / Cheers / Ravi

Last edited:
when I said check permissions have you right clicked the file gone to properties and under the security tab checked your username has all the permissions in the tick boxes ?

or have you tried finding the outlook .pst file path in data file management then closing outlook and replacing the file manually with a copy of yours then reopening outlook ?
be warned this might destroy what you have so more backups of the files might be advisory ;)

other than that maybe the key to this is the fact it thinks it's a fresh install everytime it's loaded, have you tried a fresh install of outlook ?

did you install win7 as a fresh install or was it an upgrade on vista ?

Back