Windows 7 Office 2010

Cynthia Becker

Not a reply per se -- I am running Windows 7 Ultimate and Outlook 2010. For some strange reason, sending e-mail or receiving it - Outlook send/receive progress shows sending (sometimes more than 1 mail) and synchronizing folders when I don't have that option checked off. I turned off RSS feeds. unchecked many things associated with MAIL. Still getting the following:
error (0x800ccc0f) and error (0x80048002). WHY?

Hi Cynthia Becker, I've moved your thread to a more appropriate sub forum for your issue.

Not a reply per se -- I am running Windows 7 Ultimate and Outlook 2010. For some strange reason, sending e-mail or receiving it - Outlook send/receive progress shows sending (sometimes more than 1 mail) and synchronizing folders when I don't have that option checked off. I turned off RSS feeds. unchecked many things associated with MAIL. Still getting the following:
error (0x800ccc0f) and error (0x80048002). WHY?

Suggestions only :
1. Do you have an AV ( anti-virus ) security program that also scans emails, such as Norton or McAfee?
If yes, find that email scanning option and disable it.

2. double check you account settings.

3. Use your PST repair software and see if it can fix the issue.
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/272227

4. Create another user account > Install Outlook 2010 > set up an email account in your Outlook 2010 with exactly the same account settings.
If this runs well without error messages, then your old user account is corrupted.
If scenario #4 is the case, please post back. I'll show you what to do with a corrupted user profile ( user account ).

Last edited:
Back