Windows 7 Office 2010

kemical

Windows Forum Admin
Staff member
Premium Supporter
Microsoft has released the Link Removed due to 404 Error to Technet and MSDN subscribers. It is available in both 32-bit and 64-bit versions, and the beta is the Professional edition of Office 2010. It will be released to the general public shortly.

As promised here is the public link:

Microsoft has released the Link Removed due to 404 Error to the general public. The beta will expire on 31 October 2010. The final version is due for release around March - May 2010.

Last edited:
Downloaded my X64 version earlier and installed, nice upgrade from the TP version

gws

You can upgrade 64 bit to 64 bit and 32 bit to 32 bit. You cannot have 32 bit 2007 and 64 bit 2010 on the same PC (even running 64 bit Windows 7).

How do I know? Well, I'm doing it now and I installed 32 bit 2007 by mistake....

Alan

At the moment you have to be a Technet or MSDN subscriber to download the beta. As soon as it's released to the general public I'll post the link.

Thanks, I am a Technet subscriber, but was told that it wasn't available right now. Just thought that maybe there was a different way of getting it. Appreciate your answer. :)

You can upgrade 64 bit to 64 bit and 32 bit to 32 bit. You cannot have 32 bit 2007 and 64 bit 2010 on the same PC (even running 64 bit Windows 7).

How do I know? Well, I'm doing it now and I installed 32 bit 2007 by mistake....

Alan

Uhh...I have Office 2007 32-bit and Office 2010 64-bit running on my Windows 7 64-bit install :p

Both function perfectly. That's the technical preview though (or some random build in between), downloading official beta now.

Uhh...I have Office 2007 32-bit and Office 2010 64-bit running on my Windows 7 64-bit install :p

Both function perfectly. That's the technical preview though (or some random build in between), downloading official beta now.

On my Windows 7 64Bit installatin, the Office 2010 64Bit would not proceed until (message popup) I uninstalled the original 2007.

"You can upgrade 64 bit to 64 bit and 32 bit to 32 bit. You cannot have 32 bit 2007 and 64 bit 2010 on the same PC (even running 64 bit Windows 7).

"How do I know? Well, I'm doing it now and I installed 32 bit 2007 by mistake...."

Office 2007 is, as far as I know, only available as 32Bit.

A summary of the support boundaries for Office programs that run on 64-bit versions of Windows operating systems

Last edited:
Sorry Drew, then I am corrected. We are referring to 2007 here?
I am a Technet subscriber. Apart from the multilingual (enormous) pack, which is only the different language applications, I have just been having another look and cannot see a 64Bit offer??
Could you point me to it. It doesn't seem to be under applications - Microsoft Office 2007??

Link Removed due to 404 Error

Last edited:
Microsoft has released the Link Removed due to 404 Error to the general public. The beta will expire on 31 October 2010. The final version is due for release around March - May 2010.

I'm downloading now as I'm not a subscriber.. This link has also been placed in the first post.

Last edited:
It does look pretty funky... I always like it when I get some free software to play with for a while..:)

MS Office 2010 Pro Beta 2

Hi, I recently got hold of the MS Office Pro 2010 Beta 2 version. It was successfully installed in my XP desktop which was not having earlier version of MS Office.

Now, I tried to install the same in my laptop which was having MS Office 2007. During the start of install, it gave me the option to upgrade, did so, after a loong time, the status bar reverted bac and when it was in the middle, showed a message,

MS Office 2010 encountered an error during setup.

Tried once again and the same error happened.

Did some one else successfully did a upgrade?
I am confident that a fresh install would succeed, will be trying once I reach home.
But before that, if some one has a solution, it will help me a lot.

Last edited:
As a tech net subscriber I got this in an e-mail concerning the 2010 Beta, please note they recommend you use 32 version even if you are running w7 64 bit. Also they sa yo must uninstall any previous versions of Office, I my test it on my laptop or on an older backup machine on which I have vista 32 running
Download Microsoft Office Professional Plus 2010 Beta

I just uninstalled the old version and installed the 64 bit version, no problems. I like it already. Seems to be a lot better than for me anyway, than the 2007 version.

I am going to run it the 32 bit version on one of my Backup computers a AMD 6000, Which I have in living room hooked up to my 42 inch LG LCD TV
The OS on this machine is 32 bit, if I like it I may install it on my Primary 64 bit computer

Last edited:
Uninstalled my 2007 version, restarted my machine and started the install. Same error message. Downloading the public beta now. Will install it in the morning and let you know.

Back
Top Bottom