Windows 7 OK, in-place upgrade just for fun!

Saltgrass

Excellent Member
Microsoft Community Contributor
I have set up a Vista SP2 install I am going to in-place upgrade it to Windows 7 Ultimate (just playing, remember). What I would like are any suggestions from forum members as to what software I might install prior to the upgrade which might have shown a tendancy to mess up the Windows 7 upgrade process.

The hardware side is already know and this machine has done many Windows 7 installs (betas and RTM) without problems, so I need to concentrate on the software. Things I might think would be iTunes, and some anti-virus software, possibly Avast to load prior to the upgrade. Anyone have any other suggestions as to what I might do to really screw up this upgrade!

You only have until 10am Central time Tuesday, so don't waste time.

Make a few partitions... run a few cracks and get some viruses and trojans.. we'll see you next week !

I have set up a Vista SP2 install I am going to in-place upgrade it to Windows 7 Ultimate (just playing, remember). What I would like are any suggestions from forum members as to what software I might install prior to the upgrade which might have shown a tendancy to mess up the Windows 7 upgrade process.

The hardware side is already know and this machine has done many Windows 7 installs (betas and RTM) without problems, so I need to concentrate on the software. Things I might think would be iTunes, and some anti-virus software, possibly Avast to load prior to the upgrade. Anyone have any other suggestions as to what I might do to really screw up this upgrade!

You only have until 10am Central time Tuesday, so don't waste time.
Kidding aside, use MSCONFIG to disable all startup items and all non-M$ services. Reboot and upgrade (you will be chastised by this forum for not doing a clean install but its your call).

Once again busydog, this is a test. I would never do an upgrade for my working system.

I was thinking about installing Trend Micro and then uninstalling it since some folks seem to get errors when they don't appear to have it on their system.

Once again busydog, this is a test. I would never do an upgrade for my working system.

I was thinking about installing Trend Micro and then uninstalling it since some folks seem to get errors when they don't appear to have it on their system.

What happened? We expected a full 5 page report. No slacking!

Back
Top Bottom