Windows 7 onedrive problem

Canadiangirl

Went into my pictures last evening, prepared an email with some photos, made them smaller and tried to send with windows live mail as I've always done. They look fine in the email but when I hit send, computer just keeps saying publishing photos. Stayed that way all night. Deleted from outbox and tried again. Same thing.

Tried turning off computer and then tried sending just one photo. Same thing -- still sitting in outbox and says 'publishing album' in bottom right corner of screen.

Help!

I have windows 7 on my pc.

I download photos into 'my pictures'. I go to a file folder that I have created and look at the photos. I select some and then right click and select 'send to mail recipient'. It then asks me if I want to make the photos smaller and I say yes to 'medium'. They then apprear in a windows live email. I add the recipient's name, add a message and click send. I've done this for years.

It has always taken a few seconds for the photos to 'publish' and then be on its way.

Now, the publishing process never ends. The email with photos sits in the outbox. Forever. I can delete that email from the outbox, but the publishing notice at the bottom right corner of the screen persists. While it does, any other email that I try to send sits above it in the outbox. I can't receive new emails.

The only solution is to turn off the computer. I've done that umpteen times. I'm then fine to send and receive regular emails. If I try again to send photos .... the same thing happens.

I have windows 7 on my pc.

I download photos into 'my pictures'. I go to a file folder that I have created and look at the photos. I select some and then right click and select 'send to mail recipient'. It then asks me if I want to make the photos smaller and I say yes to 'medium'. They then apprear in a windows live email. I add the recipient's name, add a message and click send. I've done this for years.

It has always taken a few seconds for the photos to 'publish' and then be on its way.

Now, the publishing process never ends. The email with photos sits in the outbox. Forever. I can delete that email from the outbox, but the publishing notice at the bottom right corner of the screen persists. While it does, any other email that I try to send sits above it in the outbox. I can't receive new emails.

The only solution is to turn off the computer. I've done that umpteen times. I'm then fine to send and receive regular emails. If I try again to send photos .... the same thing happens.

Candiangirl, I am having the SAME EXACT problem, and I send pictures in exactly the same manner you described. I have been for years. This issue started right after I installed some Windows updates on Tuesday. And, we are not alone, I have checked multiple forums and many people are complaining about the same issue. Several have posted a "fix" and I saw that you posted on another forum and that the fixes did not work for you either. I have no solutions for you, but I wanted you to know that you are not alone! Hopefully this matter will be straightened out soon.

Bless your heart quieri56! I have no idea if I did indeed install updates. There are far greater problems in the world but this is frustrating. Particulary when trying to send photos from my 91 year old Mother's funeral. She was active on her computer until the day she died. When some change occured on her computer, she went into a panic, and I could always walk her through a resolution. This one has me stymied. But you know what? It does help to know that I am not alone! Let's keep fingers and toes for a resolution.

I never had much luck doing it the way you all do it. I have always opened my email and attached the photo or item that I wanted to send. I know that is not the answer you are probably looking for.

What email client are you using (email software)?

Depending on your email client, there are size limits (data size for pictures) that you can send. Also, the more pictures you add the longer it takes to upload due to the larger file sizes.

I, like Sonny, always add my pictures as an attachment. It doesn't matter what email client I use. I use the attachment tab in Outlook 2013, which is part of Office 2013.

I use windows live mail. Is that what you are asking?
This is the way I've sent photos for years. They were published on Skydrive until Microsoft changed to one-drive. I've always been successful with both until just a few days ago. With so many of us suddenly having the problem, something has changed.

I tried opening a new mail and attached a photo and hit send. It's still publishing.

Ah.....I see now...you're uploading them to one drive and at the same time sending them in an email. Check your settings in Onedrive for something like syncing/publishing while using/sending an email.

Hmmm I went into control panel , programs and features, saw Microsoft Onedrive in the list --double clicked and that box with the ominous sound appeared asking if I wanted to allow Onedrive to make changes to my computer. I gulped and clicked on send. Onedrive appears to be no longer in the list. I tried sending a photo again and it's still trying to publish. Have I deleted onedrive? I did nothing other than allow it to make changes, thinking those changes might be what's necessary to solve the problem.

control panel is not where you go for the settings of onedrive....you have to open onedrive and in the software check the settings.

Sorry .. I don't know how to open onedrive. Do you think I've deleted the program based on what I posted above? Thanks.

If you look in the programs list and it's not there...then yes you've deleted it.

Onedrive is web-based storage service....aka the "cloud" from MS. To access it, you need to go here... https://onedrive.live.com/about/en-us/ It's in here where you go into the settings of onedrive to turn on/off how your data is synced and saved.

Then sign in with your credentials to access your stored files. With windows 7, you have the option to install Onedrive on the computer, which allows you to store you data and syncs it to the onedrive cloud service. Apparently you have give onedrive permission to access your windows live email to sync attachments (pictures) embedded in the email to your onedrive account.

Went into my pictures last evening, prepared an email with some photos, made them smaller and tried to send with windows live mail as I've always done. They look fine in the email but when I hit send, computer just keeps saying publishing photos. Stayed that way all night. Deleted from outbox and tried again. Same thing.

Tried turning off computer and then tried sending just one photo. Same thing -- still sitting in outbox and says 'publishing album' in bottom right corner of screen.

Help!
Hi Canadiangirl. I'm another "girl" from Canada, having EXACTLY THE SAME PROBLEM as you are. I don't think it's the settings on my PC because I have the problem on my laptop, too! I hope the problem gets resolved by OneDrive/Microsoft, and soon.

Hi Canadiangirl. I'm another "girl" from Canada, having EXACTLY THE SAME PROBLEM as you are. I don't think it's the settings on my PC because I have the problem on my laptop, too! I hope the problem gets resolved by OneDrive/Microsoft, and soon.
It's working again! Microsoft must have fixed it.

Yes, it is working! I have a question about onedrive. I can see on my onedrive page the photos I have now on the cloud. At the bottom left it says I have 14.9 gb available. Is that accurate? I just sent an email with photos via onedrive and that number has not changed.

Not sure if it's accurate or not. It says the same for me: 14.9 gb available. I guess we don't need to worry until we run out of space, and then we can always delete some folders. Also, I think if we're not paying for it (which I'm not), the pix are deleted after a certain number of months anyway.

Just curious if anyone knows how to figure out how much space you've used?
If you go to onedrive.live.com and click the "Get more storage" link in the bottom left, it should give you a breakdown of what you have.

OneDrive.JPG

And your free storage will remain and files should not disappear or be deleted from there unless it is a free expiring offer, in which case you'll see an "Valid through" date.
That will go away and whatever it contains if you don't subsequently renew / purchase adequate space to hold your files.
140 minus 108 would seem to indicate I am currently using approximately 32 GB

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom