Windows 7 OneNote

don cole

Hello,

After installing Microsoft Office Home and Student 2010, When I try to print, the printer no longer shows up in the print window. It has ben replaced by Send to OneNote 2010.
I don't want to deal with OmeNote 2010. I don't care what it's for or how usful it is. I just want to print directly to the printer.
I have tried to uninstall OneNote with Add/Remove programs.
The only thing that works is to compleatly remove Microsoft Office Home and Student 2010. I don't want to do this because I need Excel, Word etc...

Don Cole

Simply go to Start -> Devices and Printers

From here you can manage your physical peripherals and virtual printers. Print to OneNote is similar to the way Adobe Acrobat allows you to print to PDF. It is just a virtual device added by the software.

You may find it useful at some point in the future, and while it can be removed, simply finding your physical printer, right-clicking, and going to "Set as Default Printer" will solve this problem almost immediately.

This process is nearly seemless and should take you very little time. For further instruction, see: Change your default printer

Also: There is no reason that any Microsoft Office Suite would remove your printer altogether. If that has happened, simply plugging it back in should correct the issue. If the printer has disappeared, it may have been removed accidentally or deleted. If this has taken place, you may need to re-install the printer. However, this would be an extremely unusual situation. Your printer, if it is modern and capable of Plug and Play usability via USB, should be present for so long as it is on and connected to your computer.

Attachments

• setdefaultprinter.png
    setdefaultprinter.png
    38.8 KB · Views: 475
Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom