Windows 7 Ongoing Problem: BSOD IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL

marshycap

Hello there. After literally months of trying to figure out what is going on with me/my boyfriend's computer and trying numerous things... I have given up trying to do it on my own. I need help. I'm not that computer savvy (but I follow instructions well) so I may have to have help in a lot of aspects. I have never sought help outside of family or anything before.

It seems to Blue Screen whenever a program tries to access the internet. Right now I cannot even try to access the internet without it blue screening. I know a lot of people seem to have this problem but I have yet to find a solution that works for good. Last night I thought I had it; it was working great. This morning it started doing it again, multiple times. Sometimes I couldn't even type in the computer password before it did it again. It even does it when it is in safe mode....

I am trying to set up wireless internet on the computer, so I'm sure it has to do something with that (like I said before, it's trying to access the internet and whenever that happens the computer blue screens). I unplugged the wireless internet USB and it hasn't blue screened once in the past hour.

Please help!! I just want our computer to be fixed once and for all...

Thank you in advance!!

Last edited:
Sorry for the delay in responding, but I was without power for 3 days due to Hurricane Sandy.

If you still need assistance, please provide this information to help us analyze your issues: How to ask for help with a BSOD problem

Wireless USB internet has BSOD issues fairly often - and especially if using older (Vista-era) drivers.
Here's my rant about these devices:
I do not recommend using wireless USB devices. Especially in Win7 systems.
These wireless USB devices have many issues with Win7 - and using Vista drivers with them is almost sure to cause a BSOD.
Should you want to keep using these devices, be sure to have Win7 drivers - DO NOT use Vista drivers!!!
An installable wireless PCI/PCIe card that's plugged into your motherboard is much more robust, reliable, and powerful.

Back