Windows 7 ONK.exe can't pop out on-screen keyboard

Sevda Pumova

Hi ev1,
I have strange unusual problem with my on-screen keyboard.When I try to open(run) osk.exe from any location even from shortcut instead of poping out a on-screen keyboard the menu start on windows7 is opening again.:confused:
Can anyone help me what action to take to open the real keyborad not start menu?

Hello and welcome to the forum.
My first suggestion would be to run the built-in System File Checker utility, by opening an elevated command prompt
Click the start orb->All Programs->Accessories->Command Prompt (right click and choose run as administrator
Type
sfc /scannow
See if the System File Checker finds and repairs any issues.
Confirm that osk.exe is present in C:\Windows\System32 and see if you can double click and open it from there.
Disable the OSK, (uncheck it), reboot. Go back and re-enable it.
Create another user account (administrators group) and see if you can launch the On Screen Keyboard using that account.
Good luck and keep us posted.
Regards
Randy

Thank you I'll try recommendations when the problem gets deep I still scan system:thumbs_up:.I can pop out from C:\Windows\System32 today Thank you for your replay:razz:

You can also try a fix:
Link Removed due to 404 Error

(Though, if it works from the folder, I doubt the file is corrupted but give it a try)

Back