Opera

Opera 49.0.2725.34

Opera 11 alpha released - brings speed improvements, extensions

opera.png

Time for more browser testing as today Opera Software released the first public alpha version of the Opera 11 browser for Windows, Mac and Linux. This new version comes with an updated Presto layout engine bringing speed enhancements and bug fixes, and includes extension support.
The much-requested extension feature enables users to add more functionality to the browser via third-party apps developed using HTML, CSS, JavaScript and supported APIs. A first batch of extensions is already available Link Removed - Invalid URL.
Beside those mentioned, the Opera 11 alpha includes support for HTML5 server-sent events and websockets, and a new mail panel. To check all these out just see this page for the alpha.

Ref: Opera 11 alpha released - brings speed improvements, extensions | TechConnect Magazine

Good news, I personally will be very happy if Opera finally enables enhanced HTML editor. It's really lack of.

have you been into the opera 11 beta forums seems there's a ton of complaints about stuff being either broken or not usable like not being able to turn off mouse gestures fully

No I haven't and not using Opera 11 beta. Will wait till RC or final. Like I have said many many times already I'll be so happy to see this handy enhanced html editor in Opera, as it is in IE/Chrome/FF, that's my only concern. Of course they most likely won't do it. For the rest I'm happy with 9.64, very functional and stable.

What about you Athlonite, you like Opera too don't you?

OH yeah I'm a big fan of Opera and I can't wait till 11 goes gold... I've found on the odd occasion the latest flash will make Opera crash every now and then but other than that 10.63 runs sweet as a nut

We're pretty sure this isn't Santa's doing but it can still be thought of as a holiday gift. Yes, Opera fans, Opera 11 went though three RCs at a lightning-fast pace and is now available for download in a final form.
Opera 11 is available for Windows, Mac OS and Linux and brings a heap of new features - extensions support for more functionality, tab stacking for better tab management, pinned tabs, visual mouse gestures, a tweaked address field enabling one-click access to a site's security and trust information, a new bookmarks bar, Mail panel upgrades, enhanced HTML5 support, and more speed. All this comes in a package that's 30% smaller than that of Opera 10.
To download Opera 11 see Link Removed due to 404 Error .

Ref: Opera 11 released, complete with extensions, visual mouse gestures and more | TechConnect Magazine

The Opera browser has been updated to Link Removed due to 404 Error. This version adds security fixes and stability improvements, along with some mouse gesture tweaking.

The Opera browser has been updated to Version 11.11. This version contains security and stability enhancements.

Link Removed due to 404 Error

Opera Software has now made available a public beta version Opera 11.50, its latest PC-bound browser which is available for Windows, Mac OS and Linux. Codename 'Swordfish', this update includes the possibility of adding extensions to the Speed Dial page.

Opera 11.50 also allows users to synchronize their passwords using Opera Link, and includes multiple fixes and improvements.

Together with the Opera 11.50 beta, Opera Software also introduced Opera Next, a version of its browser that updates to the newest test builds as soon as they are available. To get Opera Next (and consequently Opera 11.50 beta) check out this page .

Re: Opera 10.50 beta

Four weeks after releasing an alpha version, Opera Software has made version 11.50 of its web browser, code named "Swordfish", available as a beta. The beta's most important new feature is the capability to synchronise passwords that are stored in the browser. Introduced in 2007, the synchronisation feature saves various types of user data on the Opera servers with password protection – currently, this includes bookmarks with Speed Dial, stored addresses, notes, search engines and content blocker rules – and synchronises them across multiple installations.

Passwords are encrypted on the client using a key that is generated on the Opera server when the password synchronisation feature is first used. This key is also stored on the servers, but it is itself encrypted via the Opera account password. When synchronising, the browser retrieves the password and encrypted key from the server, decrypts them both and saves the password locally (as before). Opera QA engineer Esteban Velázquez says that this means that Opera has theoretical access to the user data, but that in practical terms the data is distributed across various departments at Opera. However, the engineer also emphasised that the Opera password therefore needs to be guarded particularly well. Plain text passwords are neither stored on the client nor on the server.

The second important advancement of Opera 11.50 is dynamic Speed Dial pages: using browser extensions, the Speed Dial feature will in future be able to display not only static URLs, but also dynamic content such as news feeds. The Presto rendering engine, which has been upgraded to version 2.8, now supports various new standards including HTML5 combo boxes, browser history interfaces and the <time> element for encoding time and date information. Improvements have also been made to DOM event handling.

Details about Opera 11.50, including a download link for the latest beta, can be found on the Opera Next web site. As with all development releases, use in production environments and on mission critical systems is not advised. The latest stable version of Opera is 11.11 from mid-May.

See also:

Link Removed due to 404 Error a report from The H

Source: Beta version of Opera adds password synchronisation - The H Security: News and Features

Re: Opera 10.50 beta

The Opera browser has been updated to Link Removed due to 404 Error. This version adds an improved interface, password synchronization for Opera Link, Speed Dial extensions, a new rendering engine, and security and stability enhancements.

Back