Windows 7 Operating System Poor Loading Time

Daryl Allwood

Hi,

about two weeks ago I installed Windows 7 on my new Toshiba Satellite L550 laptop and have recently encountered speed problems which might be caused by it. Up until recently it had been performing fast, as i expected it would :) however, yesterday i noticed that it took much longer to load the O/S... it takes roughly 15-25 minutes to load which is extrememly unusual considering the specs of this laptop and its brand new.

Any help would be appreciated.

Current Specs

Windows 7 64 bit
Intel Core 2 Duo CPU T6500 @ 2.10GHz
4GB RAM
ATI Mobility Radeon HD 4570 Series

I ran an AVG scan and also a Spybot scan and both didn't show anything major like a virus etc. Although both showed a tracking cookie called Double Click, but i'm sure that is not the problem as I have removed it now.

Another problem also occured last night but i thought it had been resolved until i restarted my computer today, last night i recieved an error on my display adapter, the ATI Mobility Radeon 4500 series graphics card and i was instructed by Toshiba to download another display driver which worked the first time i restarted my computer... however, the same error is also appearing now.

Back
Top Bottom