Windows Vista Optimize Dial-up

U

Unregistered

I have a HDAUDIO Soft Data Fax Modem with SmartCP, on an Acer Aspire 3050 laptop running Windows Vista Basic. I`m looking for any tweaks or tips to help improve the performance of my dial-up connection (optimize the connection). Any help would be appreciated.

Hi apart from keeping your system clean and bug free there's not a great deal you can do. There are programs out there which are supposed to improve download times using a dial-up connection. They do this by downloading the requested item from several different sources but it really doesn't make that much difference. Unfortunately the world is now really tuned into using broadband connections. The only other thing you might be able to do is, if you live in England and have a BT phone line, ask BT to turn up the 'Gain' on the line. This is like turning up the power the line carries and often may raise your connection speed. A word of warning though, actually getting BT to do this can be quite difficult to do. If your line is already recieving a good strong signal they won't raise the gain. You may have to be a little constructive with the truth (in other words lie) and say that at times you can hardly hear the other person on the telephone. Not that I'm trying to get you into trouble or anything... :cool:

Check out this page for further info':
Free Dialup UK :: Dialup Connection UK

your connect speed will depend on how close you are to the telephone switching station.
the shorter the wire, the faster is cinnects, but will never come close to broad band.
get a satellite if you can

what you could do is download the dial up accelerator from bells website. i use it at home it works when you get connected i tried it because i have dial up at home. it might only connect most of the time but it works.

Back