Windows 8 Organising folders

Heat

Hi, I am having difficulty in organizing a set of folders that I have created they have as their title the date which is in the following uk format dd/mmm/yyyy when I try and organize these folders so they appear in the correct date order i find that they are getting mixed up, can anyone help.
Thanks

Option 1: make a folder for each year eg, 2013, 2014 and 2015 then place twelve folders inside each of them for the months eg, Jan, Feb, Mar etc before putting the actual photos into their positions.

Option 2: as above but if you don't want to move the photos into so many separate places you can either;

A, use a sorting program designed for very large photo collections… such as Adobe Lightroom or,

B, use the in built Windows library system to sort the (reasonably sized) photo collection into separate easily viewable folders without breaking up the main collection… repartition is the safest way to do this because the library doesn't have any in built back ups to prevent data loss due to operator errors.

Back