Windows 7 OS freezes, audio freezes to after installing USB audio device

izaktaylor

Hi,

My audio was working well, but i decided to start recording find a way to improve my outbound audio quality (i'm an audiophile). I purchased a Fast Track Pro. Unlike other threads I've read, I'm not seeing any BSOD and its not crackling. My operating system will just stop functioning, or freeze for a half a second at a time. This can become frequent at about 10 times in a thirty second period requiring a restart. I had installed the latest x64 driver for my W7 x64 system from M-audio's website.

I uninstalled the driver and restarted, the issue persisted. I then installed the on-board audio driver and restarted, no system lag is present. The audio device-driver is acting up and I'm not sure why. Because i bought it used M-audio's support is a no-go. Are there any additional steps I can take which may troubleshoot this issue?

Thank you.

Hi,

My audio was working well, but i decided to start recording find a way to improve my outbound audio quality (i'm an audiophile). I purchased a Fast Track Pro. Unlike other threads I've read, I'm not seeing any BSOD and its not crackling. My operating system will just stop functioning, or freeze for a half a second at a time. This can become frequent at about 10 times in a thirty second period requiring a restart. I had installed the latest x64 driver for my W7 x64 system from M-audio's website.

I uninstalled the driver and restarted, the issue persisted. I then installed the on-board audio driver and restarted, no system lag is present. The audio device-driver is acting up and I'm not sure why. Because i bought it used M-audio's support is a no-go. Are there any additional steps I can take which may troubleshoot this issue?

Thank you.

Can we get your system specs so we know what hardware we are dealing?

Lags (or freezing) will often leave tell tale marks in event viewer. Please check

There are several ways to find what the problem is. The best is to go into event viewer (type eventvwr in search). Go to the windows log>application tab.

You want to look for critical errors (they have red in the left column ).

When you find them you want to look for critical errors that say app hang, app crash, or anything that relates to the problem.

When you find them please note the event ID, and the source codes and tell us what they are.

You can also run a latency checker to see if you have a driver causing the problem. Download and run from here. DPC Latency Checker

Thank you for the response. I have need to do a clean install of w7 today. If the issue persists i'll provide additional information.

Back
Top Bottom