Windows 7 os

greglue

Afternoon i was trying to install windows 7 onto my cruzer glide 64GB flash drive so that i could have another os to use without updating laptop hard drive however im having trouble installing it onto the flash even though i have formatted the flash into a ntfs as i saw on a different tutorial can someone help me please would like to use it specifically for work/attrs courses and such. Also keep getting
indows cannot be installed to this disk. Setup does not support configuration of or installation to disks connected through a USB or IEEE 1394 port.

Windows cannot be installed to this disk. This computer's hardware may not support booting to this disk. Ensure that the disk's controller is enabled in the computer's BIOS menu.
error.

im running windows vista home premium on my dell latitude e6510 i5 processor

Last edited:
A long time ago I di succeedd with an installation of Windows 8 on a flash drive. You could try the same with Windows 7. I never tried that because I never had a free Windows 7 product key, but in principle it should work.

http://www.eightforums.com/tutorials/5349-windows-8-go-setup-usb-flash-drive-usb-disk.html

Prerequisite is that you have a very fast USB3 flash drive else it will run like molasses. And your system must be able to boot from this USB flash drive. Here is the kind of performance you should be looking for - especially the access time.

2014-04-12_1920.png

Back
Top Bottom