Windows Vista Outlook 02?

jasonw

Dose Vista have any known issues with Outlook 02? I used it as my mail client until I got vista for some reason I cant get it to work. I have no problem receiving mail but it will not send mail. It tells me to check the email address field in my account properties. The outlook I have is the one that came with Office XP.

Dose Vista have any known issues with Outlook 02? I used it as my mail client until I got vista for some reason I cant get it to work. I have no problem receiving mail but it will not send mail. It tells me to check the email address field in my account properties. The outlook I have is the one that came with Office XP.

It seems that 02 is unsupported... Checkout this link:

Outlook on Vista

Well so much for it being a vista thing. I tryed it on 2000 server and with XP and got the same error "see screen shot" I have checked and rechecked the account info and it is correct. I thought maybe its an ISP thing but I don't see how it can be there fault. Maybe my good old MS office istall disk has finaly pooped out.

You might try to sweep registry and remove all settings related to Outlook and then re-install your Outlook 2002 XP. Make sure service pack 3 for Office XP and all latest updates are installed. Perhaps the outgoing mail server is set incorrectly? There could also be a problem with security.

This is kind of funny. I have used this Office XP for so many years and never no updates. This morning however my auto update informed me of SP3 to downloaded. I got the update but it still didn't to the trick. Oh well.

This is kind of funny. I have used this Office XP for so many years and never no updates. This morning however my auto update informed me of SP3 to downloaded. I got the update but it still didn't to the trick. Oh well.
I think they want to keep your older "Outlook 2002" intact, including updates. Only certain features won't work because they are unsupported (Vista is designed different and Microsoft won't write) What about "Corrupted Profile" -Is that correct?

Its kind of odd. After installing the service pack yesterday I get up today to find I have 40 some odd updates of about 100mb all associated with Office XP ready to download and install. Even funnier is my other computers "Vista laptop, XP laptop and 2000 Server have yet to find or install any office updates even though the update settings on all machines are the same hmmmm.

Its kind of odd. After installing the service pack yesterday I get up today to find I have 40 some odd updates of about 100mb all associated with Office XP ready to download and install. Even funnier is my other computers "Vista laptop, XP laptop and 2000 Server have yet to find or install any office updates even though the update settings on all machines are the same hmmmm.

You'll have to manually check your computers, if you need them- put them in.....Microsoft isn't hand holding people now. I sense an attitude.

An attitude with me or Microsoft? I never have an attitude, sorry if you thought so. Is it possible to manually check for updates? I thought it was all automatic?

Hi Jason,

Here's a link to the update site:
Link Removed due to 404 Error

Back
Top Bottom