Outlook 2007 freezes computer!

Discussion in 'Windows 7 Help and Support' started by imper, Oct 21, 2009.

1. imper

imper New Member

My computer runs fine. Till i open outlook. For some reason about 2 secs after it opens. I semi-freezes the computer. By semi i mean its dam near close. The mouse will still work, and thats about it. I cant get task manager to come up or anything. Only thing that works is to restart the computer. I cannot do anything with outlook. What could be causing this? I havent added any addons or changed anything in outlook.

2. Super Sarge

Super Sarge New Member

Have you updated any programs lately, I use Stardocks Windows blinds beta and there is problem with Office 2007 suite programs that caused me a problem.
    Do you have a recent image backup that you install? Try using restore point function to an earlier point in time when you know outlook worked

3. imper

imper New Member

No i have not updated anything since it last worked. Which was 2 days ago. And nothing for about a few days before that.

And i dont have any recent backup. Still trying to fix it to backup to my external.

4. Super Sarge

Super Sarge New Member

Have you tried using restore to previous restore point 2 days ago in W-7

5. oneextraid

oneextraid Banned

Run a Scanpst against your post office file.

Scanpst is located in Program Files.

Outlook .pst file is located in C:\User\userid\appdata\local\microsoft\outlook\outlook.pst. The Scan will verify data and correct any errors.

6. imper

imper New Member

Huh i do not have scanpst

7. imper

imper New Member

I cannot get outlook to respond to run help. After outlook opens i cannot do anything on the computer period! I can drag a box on the desktop and that is about it. Nothing will open or close.

8. busydog

busydog New Member

Hold down the CTRL key and launch Outlook. That will put you in safe mode. If you can launch that way, you have an add-in that is killing you. Go to Tools/Trust Center and disable your add-ins one by one until you find the culprit. If you don't have scanpst.exe, you have a defective install.

9. imper

imper New Member

Tried it. "No matches found for your search"