Windows 7 Outlook 2007 pst password issue

Mullet2262

Hi,

My computer crashed then re-booted to the login. After logging in, it all seemed to load as usual. Then I clicked on the icon for Outlook 2007 and it came up with the request for the password to the Personal Folders(1).pst

The problem is that I can't recall ever setting the password for that particular personal folder and after several attempts it refuses to let me in to Outlook. I can see the Menu bar and the titles in the menu bar but cannot click on them or ANYTHING.

Have tried using Scanpst.exe without success. When I look in C:\Users\Pete\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Outlook I can see the archive .pst file there. The one that is causing the problem(Personal Folders(1).pst) is in a separate folder.

My computer is Windows 7 x 64 Professional with Office 2007 sp2. Memory is 4Gb, I have My Documents in a separate HDD. Have attached a .docx of the issue.

Any ideas? Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Pete

Attachments

• outlook issues.docx
    175.5 KB · Views: 798
Examine the ntfs permissions of the folder that contains the pst file that you are trying to access. Right click the folder, choose properties and select the security tab. You will probably need to explicitly grant your user account at least write permissions, but probably more likely full control of that folder and make sure that the permission change is cascaded down to include the sub-folders and files. After you have done this examine the properties of the pst itself and make sure that your user account has been granted the necessary permissions, same place right click choose properties select security tab.

Hi,

My computer crashed then re-booted to the login. After logging in, it all seemed to load as usual. Then I clicked on the icon for Outlook 2007 and it came up with the request for the password to the Personal Folders(1).pst

The problem is that I can't recall ever setting the password for that particular personal folder and after several attempts it refuses to let me in to Outlook. I can see the Menu bar and the titles in the menu bar but cannot click on them or ANYTHING.

Have tried using Scanpst.exe without success. When I look in C:\Users\Pete\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Outlook I can see the archive .pst file there. The one that is causing the problem(Personal Folders(1).pst) is in a separate folder.

My computer is Windows 7 x 64 Professional with Office 2007 sp2. Memory is 4Gb, I have My Documents in a separate HDD. Have attached a .docx of the issue.

Any ideas? Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Pete

I think you need some sought of password recovery tools for Outlook 2017. Use any good Outlook password recovery software which will recover the password so that you use it in accessing your mails.

Back