Windows 7 Overclocking Memory and Motherboard?

Kylethedarkn

Is there a noticeable increase in performance with overclocking of Memory and Motherboard, and if there is how would I go about doing it and at what intervals....

My motherboard, and memory names are in my specs drop down thingy. :p

Is there a noticeable increase in performance with overclocking of Memory and Motherboard, and if there is how would I go about doing it and at what intervals....

My motherboard, and memory names are in my specs drop down thingy. :p

Any increase in speed is usually canceled out by the risk of overheating - and possibly damaging your processor.... and overclocking almost always requires a high end heat-sink that can easily cost $50 to over $100

You'll most likely experience greater speed by turning off unnecessary features and services that windows runs by default.

Check my tag-line for a link to the speed tweaks I have found to be most useful.

Must agree with Tblout there, overclocking can be safe-ish (Although a decent rig doesnt really need it) but only where appropriate cooling has been factored into your budget, if your like me and never use stock coolers and pimped it up with something designed for use with overclocking then your ready to play...just do the research and be safe...careless overclocks can kill a PC instantly. Personally I think it's usually only worth overclocking rigs that cannot be upgraded with newer parts.

Last edited:
Try using cFosSpeed. It seems to help with both bandwidth and ping times; ping for gaming and bandwidth for surfing.

Back