Windows Vista owen

ojoonline

Hi guys.

having automatically downloaded and installed updates on vista ('twas service pack 1 for vista - came in yesterday and my network and computer have not beenthe same since) on my dell 1720, i now have a ripper of and error .... apparently the NTLDR is missing and i cannot start up.

I have visited over a dozen forums and tried all the different tactics described without any success (except the suggested BIOS fix - which i cant do due to not being able to type the command as described - ie. change the drive and command .... the cursor simply jumps to the end of the default prompt and then writes what i typed .... which is not as described in the fix). I have rebooted several ten times, tried the repair on the vista disc, tried a system restore (again, via the disc menu as windows wont start for me to do it via control panel) .... all to no avail.

Have you any suggestions? I am going grey as i type!

Thx.

owen

ojoonline

oh and byt he way, i followed the instructions in another thread about downloading the windows recovery disc (via u-torent) and the original error replicated. The recovery disc - and for that matter every other system check i have done, including a lengthy and complete scan - has not only not fixed the problem, no errors have been detected. Not anywhere .... on anything! Which sounds great except i cant get through a boot. Not even close.

The NTLDR IS MISSING

Have you read this ? Link Removed - Invalid URL This contains some useful information for Vista as well.

oh and byt he way, i followed the instructions in another thread about downloading the windows recovery disc (via u-torent) and the original error replicated. The recovery disc - and for that matter every other system check i have done, including a lengthy and complete scan - has not only not fixed the problem, no errors have been detected. Not anywhere .... on anything! Which sounds great except i cant get through a boot. Not even close.

Dont know if this will help found a site with some handy tips :

NTLDR is missing]]

Hi ojoonline

Thank you for updating your thread.. These threads do not get deleted in case they can help anyone else with a similar problem.

please excuse my wasting your time . i did find my solution - albeit eventually .... at least i kept trying! - and it was here.
How to use the Bootrec.exe tool in the Windows Recovery Environment to troubleshoot and repair startup issues in Windows Vista
which is amongst the search results - so thanks.
now you can delete this thread. bye

Ojoonline my post contained a link to "EASY BCD" download and a link with NTLR Missing Error Codes...You have to read and look at the links.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom