Windows 8 P2P

Peterr

Fantastic Member
Hello Win 8.1, MBAM, SpywareBlaster, Win Firewall, Defender.
I tried to download Dell manuals and am the only one who cannot. I get an error that says page cannot be viewed.
If I lower the Comcast Gateway from medium to low I can get the manual to open in pdf as it should. There is a warning in the gateway that says not to leave P2P open so to use medium. However, everyone else can get the manual but me so I have something wrong. They refer to FTP.

Does anyone have an idea that might help me. I did a driver update the other day but no other changes since.
Comcast says there is a charge to help.
Thank you
Peter

I have checked my file associations and pdf is Adobe reader.
The attachment may shed some light.

Attachments

• Comcast gateway.png
    Comcast gateway.png
    89.6 KB · Views: 436
This custom shot may suggest a way around the issue.

Attachments

• custom.png
    custom.png
    271.1 KB · Views: 415
You have , it seems, suggested the best answer. Lower the Comcast security to the minimum, and download the PDF,then, if you wish, enable the security again. Obviously Comcast is a little over enthusiastic in its analysis of P2P use. again.

You have , it seems, suggested the best answer. Lower the Comcast security to the minimum, and download the PDF,then, if you wish, enable the security again. Obviously Comcast is a little over enthusiastic in its analysis of P2P use. again.

That's exactly what I said on the other place. It's a matter of trial and error as security configurations are not standard.

I was with MS who tried to fix the FTP issue. They are calling tomorrow afternoon and they do acknowledge that some, not all with 8.1 are having the same trouble. They even had the problem at their office with their pcs.

Thank you for paying attention to my issue and I will be sure to report back.
Peter

Back