Windows 7 Page fault

FL350

Recently I have been getting a BSOD every time I plug in a usb drive. As soon as I plug it in, I get the popup asking me what I want to do (open folder, etc.) followed by the blue screen . It says "Page_fault_in_non_paged_area". At the bottom it says STOP: 0x00000050. I tried booting into safe mode and had no problems using a USB drive. I also tried my external HDD in safe mode and normal boot with the same result. I haven't changed any hardware on my computer so I'm not sure what caused this problem to suddenly pop up. Attached are the files from the diagnostic tool.

Attachments

• Computer.zip
    2.9 MB · Views: 488
Hello and welcome to the forum.
First try it without this driver
sptd.sys go here DuplexSecure - Downloads grab the correct version for your architecture and run the program and be sure to choose the UNINSTALL button.
If Blue Screens persist you may want to try it without your Symantec Norton product installed. Uninstall it completely using the programs uninstaller or the programs and features applet in the control panel. Follow that up with this vendor specific proprietary removal tool https://www-secure.symantec.com/nor...t=home&pvid=f-home&version=1&lg=english&ct=us
Replace it for now with MSE from here Link Removed due to 404 Error
If still no joy you have a few third party drivers that pre-date Windows 7 RTM which may need to be upgraded, updated, uninstalled, etc., use Google and see what you can find in the way of updates.
FwLnk.sys11/19/2006
tdcmdpst.sys12/10/2007
Sentinel64.sys6/2/2008 Especially this one
UVCFTR_S.SYS6/26/2008
SynTP.sys8/14/2008
iPodDrv.sys4/9/2009
tos_sps64.sys6/24/2009

I used a system restore and was able to remove the initial blue screen, but then I had several other blue screens randomly pop up. I restored the entire computer to an earlier backup (only a week old) and haven't had any problems since. As a precaution I went through the drivers you mentioned and updated the ones I could, along with uninstalling the sptd. Thanks for the help!

Back