Windows 7 PAGE_FAULT_IN_NON_PAGE_AREA

Theunemans

Hey peeps,

My windows 7 pc alaways was a pain in the buttcheeks but now it has a very annoying problem. Whenever i try to open up a game i get BOSD. Even without opening a game it will get BOSD after 10 minutes. I did install a new case fan recently, maybe that has something to do with it? My potato will only boot up in safe mode. I hope someone can help me with this.

Anyways, here are the specifications:

CPU: AMD A8 Radeon 7600
GPU: AMD Radeon r7 Graphics
PSU: 550 WATT Corsair Power Supply
RAM: Kingston 1600MHz 8GB
Motherboard: ASUS A88XM-A
Hard Drive: Toshiba 500GB hard drive, Western Digital 500GB hard drive, 250GB Kingston SSD

EDIT: It seemed the Steam Client service was causing the issue, if you have this problem too you should reĂŻnstall steam, uninstall all the Iobit bullshit, uninstall all the pirated games and run a sfc scan.

Last edited:
This may sound dumb I had a similar problem. I figured out Firefox was corrupting the video driver.I uninstalled Firefox and reinstalled the video driver and that solved the problem.
Joe

Hey peeps,

My windows 7 pc alaways was a pain in the buttcheeks but now it has a very annoying problem. Whenever i try to open up a game i get BOSD. Even without opening a game it will get BOSD after 10 minutes. I did install a new case fan recently, maybe that has something to do with it? My potato will only boot up in safe mode. I hope someone can help me with this.

Hard Drive: Toshiba 500GB hard drive, Western Digital 500GB hard drive, 250GB Kingston SSD
Hey peeps,

This may sound dumb I had a similar problem. I figured out Firefox was corrupting the video driver.I uninstalled Firefox and reinstalled the video driver and that solved the problem.
Joe
This didn't work for me imfortunately, let me know if you have more ideas about my problem.

When a pc blue screens and it's configured correctly, a dump file is produced but only if your settings are like so:
Open the run application.
Type sysdm.cpl in the run box and click ok.
Look across the top of the system properties box for 'Advanced' and click that.
Look for 'Startup and Recovery' near the bottom and click 'settings'.
Near the bottom you'll see a drop down menu under the heading 'write debugging information'.
In the drop down menu choose ' small memory dump (256KB)'
Under 'small dump directory' make sure it says %SystemRoot%\Minidump.
Click ok and your good to go.

You will need to blue screen again for a dump file to be produced.

If you then collect these dump files we can read them and hopefully tell you what the issue is. The app I linked to just makes the job easier.

When a pc blue screens and it's configured correctly, a dump file is produced but only if your settings are like so:
Open the run application.
Type sysdm.cpl in the run box and click ok.
Look across the top of the system properties box for 'Advanced' and click that.
Look for 'Startup and Recovery' near the bottom and click 'settings'.
Near the bottom you'll see a drop down menu under the heading 'write debugging information'.
In the drop down menu choose ' small memory dump (256KB)'
Under 'small dump directory' make sure it says %SystemRoot%\Minidump.
Click ok and your good to go.

You will need to blue screen again for a dump file to be produced.

If you then collect these dump files we can read them and hopefully tell you what the issue is. The app I linked to just makes the job easier.

Attachments

• Knipselfsdfsfdsdf.JPG
    Knipselfsdfsfdsdf.JPG
    88 KB · Views: 338
For some reason my previous thread got deleted, but i am having the same issues here.

SPECS

GPU: AMD Radeon R7 Deticated Graphics, 1x NVIDIA Geforce GTX 980ti
Motherboard: ASUS A88XM-A/USB 3.1
Hard disk: 1x Toshiba 500 GB 7200RPM, 1x Western Digital 500GB, 2x Kingston 120GB SSD
PSU: 550 WaTT Corsair Power Supply

Knipselfsdfsfdsdf.JPG

Last edited:
Hi,
I need to see the actual dump file to help you properly.

If one has been created (see my earlier posts on this) then you will find it in the main Windows folder in a folder marked 'minidump'.

You could of course simply run the app thats found here: How to ask for help with a BSOD problem

Then post the results.

Failing that, reverse any changes you have made recently.

Hi,
I need to see the actual dump file to help you properly.

If one has been created (see my earlier posts on this) then you will find it in the main Windows folder in a folder marked 'minidump'.

You could of course simply run the app thats found here: How to ask for help with a BSOD problem

Then post the results.

Failing that, reverse any changes you have made recently.

Attachments

• 102518-25225-01.dmp
    270.2 KB · Views: 326
Code:
*                        Bugcheck Analysis                                    *

Use !analyze -v to get detailed debugging information.

BugCheck 50, {fffff98015ec0000, 0, fffff88001211d70, 0}

Could not read faulting driver name
GetUlongPtrFromAddress: unable to read from fffff800032ab300
Probably caused by : Ntfs.sys ( Ntfs!memcpy+120 )

Followup:     MachineOwner
Hi and thanks for posting the dump.

Bugcheck 50 can be caused by a number of things ranging from hardware (typically memory) , drivers, a corrupted NTFS volume and anti virus related problems.

As NTFS is mentioned as a probably cause try running a chkdsk. This will check your HDD for broken sectors and if poss' repair them.

Find command prompt, right click on it, choose properties followed by run as administrator. Type:

chkdsk /r

Press enter and you'll probably need to reboot so the scan can initiate.

Once back in Windows open another admin command prompt and type:

sfc /scannow

Press enter and await results.

Looking over your drivers I found this:

vbaudio_cable64_win7.sys Wed Aug 13 23:15:25 2014: VB Virtual Audio driver from VB Audio VoiceMeeter
Please either update or if no longer used, remove this driver. Link to web site is here:
VB-Audio home page

Please post any new dump files.

Oh I forgot to ask, do you use an app to find your drivers for you? If you do then stop as these apps do more damage than good.

Last edited:
Code:

Bugcheck 50 can be caused by a number of things ranging from hardware (typically memory) , drivers, a corrupted NTFS volume and anti virus related problems.

As NTFS is mentioned as a probably cause try running a chkdsk. This will check your HDD for broken sectors and if poss' repair them.

Find command prompt, right click on it, choose properties followed by run as administrator. Type:

chkdsk /r

sfc /scannow

vbaudio_cable64_win7.sys Wed Aug 13 23:15:25 2014: VB Virtual Audio driver from VB Audio VoiceMeeter
Please either update or if no longer used, remove this driver. Link to web site is here:
VB-Audio home page

Oh I forgot to ask, do you or have you used or use an app to find your drivers for you? If you do then stop as these apps do more damage than good.
My pc gives bsod before the sfc scan is even done scanning..

Code:

chkdsk /r

sfc /scannow

VB-Audio home page

Oh I forgot to ask, do you or have you used or use an app to find your drivers for you? If you do then stop as these apps do more damage than good.
Yes i do have driver booster btw

Back