Windows 7 Page_fault_in_nonpaged_area

hristo

i keep getting a Blue Screen everytime I try to switch user. Up until 2 weeks ago, I didn't have this problem. Then I moved into my college dorm and this problem started happening.

Blue Screen showed...

STOP: 0x00000050 .......

ati2dvag.dll .......

PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA

all drivers are up to date. my ATI graphics card has been discontinued so I can't get any more updated drivers. what I have is what I have to work with... and up until I moved into my dorm, I didn't have this problem. So it shouldn't be a driver issue.

any ideas???

Hmm..... From the way you wrote your post I guess your using a Desktop pc? If so, it may be worth checking that everything is seated properly inside as the move to the dorm 'may' have slightly moved something... especially if you have a large graphics card? If it's not that or something like that then you'll have go back to the software. Try a different driver or you could open command prompt and type 'verifier' (without the prompts) and that will call up the driver verifier manager. You can set this to check your drivers on the next boot. If it blue screens it should give you the error code of the device or driver that caused the crash. You'll then have to start in safe mode to turn it off.

Back