Windows 7 Paging file

John N

If I use 8GB SD for readyboost with Win7(starter edition) in in a Dell 1011 netbook with 1 GB of RAM, should I increase the size of the paging file to reflect the increase in memory?

What do you have the page file set to right now? We like to set it to two times the system memory (both the min and max so it cant fluctuate).

I dont think it would be required to up the pagefile size, but I would make sure its set to 2GB min and max in your case.

My paging file is set to 1.5GB. I thought you were suppose to make the paging file 1 1/2 times the size of your memory.

You needn't increase your pagefile really, as Readyboost in no way serves as RAM. It rather caches programs data to a stick instead of the hard drive. So, if your programs do much caching and f your stick/card is much faster than your hard drive, then you can get a significant boost.

Again, in Readybost the flash memory device serves as an additional cache—that is, cache that the computer can access much more quickly than it can access data on the hard drive. But the flash memory IS NOT ram!

Back
Top Bottom