Pardus 2011

cybercore

Pardus 2011

Link Removed due to 404 Error

Pardus is a KDE distribution created in Turkey by the National Research Institute of Electronics and Cryptology (UEKAE). The word “pardus” is actually derived from the Latin name for a leopard that lives in Turkey.

Pardus is not as well known as some other distributions and that’s a real shame because it has much to offer desktop Linux users. Even if you’re a die-hard GNOME user, you might find yourself very impressed with Pardus 2011. It’s one of the best KDE-based distros available right now.

What's new

Hardware Requirements & Installation

Booting & Login

Bundled Software

Sound and Multimedia

Problems & Headaches

Pardus 2011 Screenshots

yeah i got pardus 2011 a while ago but i didnt like it because i havent managed to get new software, failed to understand it's package management system , and it had a BETA (!) version of firefox. i wouldn't consider that stable.
and yes, i' m the GNOME die hard! (well, if they'll still offer the old GNOME with gnome distros , cuz if not , although im trying to keep a blaance between my linux and windows usage, i will quit linux [KDE is bad, bad , bad!] )

yeah i got pardus 2011 a while ago but i didnt like it because i havent managed to get new software, failed to understand it's package management system , and it had a BETA (!) version of firefox. i wouldn't consider that stable.
and yes, i' m the GNOME die hard! (well, if they'll still offer the old GNOME with gnome distros , cuz if not , although im trying to keep a blaance between my linux and windows usage, i will quit linux [KDE is bad, bad , bad!] )

Yes it's only beta. You are the GNOME die hard, great, what is your favorite distro?

i like to switch, and check out many distros , and as well some with different interfaces than GNOME, but neither that is not GNOME do not satisfy me.

personally i like ubuntu alot, was my first love, but am really considering that when i get a vacation and a new computer i'll try to configure arch/slackware.(guess what, they'll be GNOME too !! :) )

i also like linux mint , but usually have to make the 2 GNOME bars be like in ubuntu .

I'm also looking forward Debian, now with their all new 6.0 live dvd which actually was the only Debian version that managed to get me to a GNOME desktop (i also tried 5.07 installed it but didn't get to the GNOME desktop/)(and talking about Debian, i also like LMDE ,again have to configure the two bars.

but in spite of liking all those distros, i still stick to ubuntu and win7 dualbooting on this computer .. (and i boot live distros from usb flash drives sometimes)

EDIT: the only thing that keeps me from actually installing debian on this computer , is that it doesn't have my wireless firmware built in the live dvd (and i don't knw how to make a custom one with my frimware inside . )
though Debian is awesome, open source, and stable, everything gets blown away when my only means of connecting to the internet here is wireless. (intel wireless card i have FWIW)

Last edited:
Back