Partition issues during install

I have a ubuntu computer that I am trying to dual boot windows 7 on. I downloaded the DVD ISO from the microsoft site, and burned it. In my pc I have a 16 GB ssd that I have ubuntu installed on and a 1.5 TB spinning drive for data. I don't have enough room left on the ssd to install windows 7 so I partitioned 50 gigs of my 1.5 TB drive to NTFS to install windows in. I ran the installer, and it lets me get to the point of selecting where to install, I select my new partition (it is my only NTFS partition so I can't try a different one) and click next, and I get an error message something like windows cannot install on this partition please check the install logs. I am not exactly sure what the message says, If it is important I can try to install again and post the exact message. I have tried deleting the partition with the windows installer and making a new one the same way, but I got the same error. I then tried formatting that partition, and got the same thing. What am I doing wrong? I am trying to install the 64 bit version. I have a phenom II black edition 3.0Ghz, 8GB OCZ Reaper DDR2 RAM running at 1066, a Gigabyte motherboard, a NVIdia gpu (something in the GeForce line dont remember exact model number), a 16 GB ssd and a 1500GB spinning drive. Thanks for all answers!!

SIW2

Is the SSD the first drive in the BIOS boot order?

Is it a Primary partition you are trying to install to?

The error message may well be useful.

Yes my SSD is the primary drive in the boot order, yes it is a primary partition. Thanks!!

SIW2

You could try setting the HD first in Bios boot order - mark the 7 partition active - see if it installs then.

You would then need to configure grub to boot windows and set SSD back first in BIOS boot order.

This website is not affiliated, owned, or endorsed by Microsoft Corporation. It is a member of the Microsoft Partner Program.