Windows 7 Partition Manager 10 Personal

reghakr

Essential Member
There is a nice giveaway at http:\\giveawayoftheday.com

Free today only. You need to enter your name and e-mail address to obtain the serial number.

On install click Get Free Serial.

Special offer for GAOTD users â€â€￾ Partitioning for Windows 7 and 64-bit version support!
We want to thank you for downloading our software and for giving us your comments and helpful suggestions. Giving feedback is essential for us to provide you with the best software utilities possible. As a result, now Paragon is happy to offer something that you’ve been asking for – our Partition Manager 10.0 Personal with support for the latest Operating Systems

There is o a 64-bit version here:
Link Removed due to 404 Error

Hi Reghakr,

Odd no one has taken you up on this.

It is great software.

You need to run the setup today - before the end of the giveaway.

Setup deposits the actual installer on the root of the C drive by default.

You need to run that to install it.

Keep a copy of the installer safe and you can reinstall whenever you like .

Free reg. key link:

Partition Manager 10 Personal

Last edited:
3rd party apps like this can do a lot more than Disk Management or Diskpart.

Convert Dynamic to Basic without data loss - undelete partitions - merge partitions - move/resize , convert primary to logical - resize extended partition - supports FAT 16, FAT32 NTFS, ReiserFS, Linux ext2 . ext 3, Apple - handy for mutibooters. Cloning - etc. etc.

Last edited:
3rd party apps like this can do a lot more than Disk Management or Diskpart.

Convert Dynamic to Basic without data loss - undelete partitions - merge partitions - move/resize , etc. etc.

Yeah... those are nice options for my wife and kids to "test"

Thanks for the site link reghakr!
biggrin.gif

It has a game version of the site too! Just what I need when I'm tired of catchup readings on Microsoft plethora of apps releases.

Now you can get the PRO version free - it is called PM9.5PRO - it is exactly the same build as PM10 personal - with extra functions!

Only until 18th Oct.

License software giveaway - free backup, partition freeware & data recovery

32 and 64 bit versions available.

Create Linux/DOS bootable media on a USB flash drive, CD, DVD or Blu-ray disc for fast, reliable maintenance and recovery operations.

Partitioning Features Create, format, delete, undelete, hide or unhide partition; set partition active/inactive; set, change or remove drive letter; change hard disk partition label (Volume Label); convert file systems; check file system integrity; run complete surface test.
Resize or merge partitions without data loss; Hot Resize - enlarge NTFS partitions without rebooting Windows; simple installation of new OS; Install Windows OS Wizard ; Install Windows 7/Vista on your Intel-based Mac® either as a sole operating system or create a dual-boot system. Redistribute free space; convert Primary partition to Logical and vice versa; convert Dynamic disks to Basic; change hard disk Partition ID; Update Master Boot Record (MBR); change FAT parameters (boot/root/cluster size). Power Shield™ technology - resumes critical partitioning operations after a power failure.

Copy Features: Copy a full hard disk or a separate partition. You can even resize a partition while copying it. Incremental Copy: Copy only sectors that are different from the moment of the last copy operation, thus considerably decreasing the amount of data to write.
Copy and move partitions of any file system with quick or sector-by-sector mode.
Boot Management Features
Easily activate/deactivate the boot manager and setup a multi-boot environment.
Boot Corrector to resolve most common boot problems.

Defragmentation Features Different strategies of file system optimization according to one of the three parameters (file date, file size, directory order). Optimization of the page file and the hibernation file allocations. Defragmentation of NTFS core structures - Master File Table (MFT). Shrink MFT.

Backup and Restore Features
: Back up data and system to an archive, a local drive, an external USB/Firewire drive, CDs, DVDs, Blu-ray discs or network share. Create backup images without leaving Windows with Paragon Hot Backupâ„¢ technology. Restore system and data even from bare-metal state. Restore partition with resize. Restore separate files and folders.

Last edited:
Just about eveyone is giving away software now... or at least extended trial versions. Microsoft (windows 7) has made almost all 3rd party software unnecessary.

LOL.

They are doing giveaways to raise their profile - there will be a big sales push of new apps . to coincide ( roughly ) with the uptake of 7 by the general public. There will also be a push by the oem's to sell new lappy's.

Everyone wants to take advantage of the resultant publicity . It is called marketing.

I totally disagree - 3rd party software is even more desirable.

MS includes a lot of basic tools - which is great - they are not meant to compete with 3rd party apps.

Paint is a good app. - does it replace Photoshop?

Similarly, Windows Backup is better than nothing - it's great MS include it. If anything - it will increase the awareness of the need for backup software among the public. It will drive sales of more complete, flexible and reliable solutions.

BTW - This Paragon PM9.5PRO app giveaway is excellent - no limitatations.

Paragon Drive Backup 10 will be on sale soon - it's awesome - it builds on 7 Disk Management vhd capabilities - as well as unbeatable imaging and restore options - partitioning, too. See screenshot:

Last edited:
Paragon products some great software and can't believe the negative comments on this post.

Windows Utilities do not come anywhere clear to the capabilities of the is program.

As I stated before, I use the OS, but no Microsoft apps, Beside WMP a little, but opt for freeware and open source software, which is constantly being updated with more fetures.

Hi reghakr,

Well, I suppose some people have simple needs and are happy with what software is already in the o/s.

Not everyone needs/wants to do enthusiast type things.

Like you , I use mostly 3rd party apps. It's great when we get giveaways of top quality programs like this one.:D

Last edited:
I never had anything bad to say about Paragon but I think it's a VERY BAD idea
to partition a hard drive.

1. First, it's setting up an unstable system by adding one more critical thing
that can go bad and cause data loss either by accidentally deleting files or
should a bad sector occur where critical files are located... the WHOLE
partition and data on it is lost. A partition doubles your chances of critical
data loss and system failure.

2. A second partition gives people a false sense that their data is backed up..
however when the hard drive fails... and ALL hard drives eventually fail, the
backup is lost too.

3. Every partition doubles your wasted disk space. Since you can't fill a
partition to the max you have to have free space left over on every partition .

4. Huge hard drives are less than $50 ...that's probably about the same as it
cost to pay for partition software. Partition software won't protect your data.
An extra hard drive will.

5. It's easy to wipe out important data and even kill your host OS should you
create partitions larger than your free disk space. More people have screwed
up their system with partition programs than have successfully used them.
(Probably an exaggeration but you get the idea.)

6. If you MUST partition a drive you can do it with Diskpart - which is free.

7. Finally, if you don't agree with my opinion ....well, you are just wrong.. haha

Hi reghakr - do you think that may get more views as a separate thread?

It is a completely different app. after all.

Thanks for the heads up.

I never had anything bad to say about Paragon but I think it's a VERY BAD idea
to partition a hard drive.

1. First, it's setting up an unstable system by adding one more critical thing
that can go bad and cause data loss either by accidentally deleting files or
should a bad sector occur where critical files are located... the WHOLE
partition and data on it is lost. A partition doubles your chances of critical
data loss and system failure.

If you aren't sure what you are doing then you're asking for trouble. I don't get how having 2 partitions doubles anything except the number of partitions?

2. A second partition gives people a false sense that their data is backed up..
however when the hard drive fails... and ALL hard drives eventually fail, the
backup is lost too.
If anyone thinks that when their hard drive fails that magically their 2nd partition will be immune then more fool them. I honestly don't think that's the case at all.

3. Every partition doubles your wasted disk space. Since you can't fill a
partition to the max you have to have free space left over on every partition .
You maybe lose a few hundred MBs, hardly a good reason not to partition.

4. Huge hard drives are less than $50 ...that's probably about the same as it
cost to pay for partition software. Partition software won't protect your data.
An extra hard drive will.
Plenty of good free partitioning software like EASEUS, no need to spend a penny.

5. It's easy to wipe out important data and even kill your host OS should you
create partitions larger than your free disk space. More people have screwed
up their system with partition programs than have successfully used them.
(Probably an exaggeration but you get the idea.)
I have used probably 10 different partition managers over the years and not one of them allows you to create a partition larger than is physically possible. Maybe some command line partitioners but no GUI ones at least that I've used.

Microsoft (windows 7) has made almost all 3rd party software unnecessary.

Wow, you really believe that? There isn't any one thing that I can think of in W7 that can't be done better with 3rd party software, and plenty of things I do regularly which just simply can't be done in W7. Rar files, newsreader, torrent client, most types of video editing/conversion, a lot of video/audio formats unsupported, ftp client, GFX card overclocking etc etc etc.

Hi Gavin ,

Just noticed your sig ( shows how observant I am ).

Great ADD ON - thanks.

BTW - good post, too.

Wow, you really believe that? There isn't any one thing that I can think of in W7 that can't be done better with 3rd party software, and plenty of things I do regularly which just simply can't be done in W7. Rar files, newsreader, torrent client, most types of video editing/conversion, a lot of video/audio formats unsupported, ftp client, GFX card overclocking etc etc etc.

I not only believe it.. but I preach it to the poor lost souls in need of salvation.

"Better" wasn't the question... Necessity was the question. Better usually just
means easier.

You only need winRar if you download from some sources and the rest of the stuff
is unique software for your particular needs... like a dentist may need
software to track patients accounts, keep a count of how many teeth you have
etc. You like to edit videos etc... I just look at them on Youtube... few
people even know what a torrent program is. Google has the best rss reader I
have used.. so I don't need to install one. Windows Explorer works as an ftp
program... simply drag and drop files to your ftp site like you are moving them
from one folder to another on your hard drive.

..... so we are all the way back to ... well no necessary 3rd party software....
Windows Security Essentials gobbled the last pacman power pellet from the AV
industry... Game is over, all have been assimilate.... there may be a few
crumbs left that Microsoft could include.... like"

1. A feature in email to bounce back spam so your address would be removed by
the spammer... would be MUCH easier than trying to track spammers and sort your
junk mail for you.

2. A Backup that would make a bootable backup.

3. A registry optimizer/defragger -- actually regedit used to have a /fix and
some kind of rebuild feature... I don't know where that went ? I think when you
back it up it sorts and optimizes. Then you replace your original with your
backup to have an optimized registry.

4. Improve the driver upgrade option to actually LOOK for new drivers rather
than just say this one is sorta working... didn't find anything newer. How
lame is that?

5. Option to remove/disable all your autorun options and bho's .. and turn off
ALL scheduled tasks at once. Yeah you can do all that manually... but there
should be a popup for novice users asking them "Do you want your computer to run
fast and stable?" When they say yes.. it knocks out the crud.

Microsoft will never support torrents because they are mostly use for piracy and
the spread of viruses and trojans... you have to get those on your own.

Back