Windows 7 Partition Problem

Yehia

i got new lap and i resized the partitions using Partition Wizard ,but i feel there is something wrong because :

1- When i open partition and i click right click to make new anything i only see new folder ,but in partition D i see all ( decument ,folder ,etc... )

2- when i open the disk management i see partition D aboce c partition .

3- when i restart my lap and press F8 to make recovery nothing happenes .

waitin for the help

If you are in Windows 7, can you get us a snipping tool picture of the Disk Management window and attach using the paperclip.

If you are in Partition Wizard, you may need to use a camera to take a picture.

i solved this problem " 1- When i open partition and i click right click to make new anything i only see new folder ,but in partition D i see all ( decument ,folder ,etc... ) "

still have two problems left

and here is a screen shot for disk management window

SC.jpg

You do not seem to have a system partition. The system partition holds the boot files. You do however, have an active partition.

So, I would suggest you do one of two things. But since I do not know what the 399 MB partition is for exactly, you have to decide. If it was the original 100 MB partition Windows 7 might install you can probably use it. If it is some type of OEM partition, it may not work.

You can use the active partition, while in Windows 7, open and administrative Command Prompt and type the following and enter after:

bcdboot c:\Windows

This should put the boot files in the Active partition.

If you want to use C: as the System partition, or if the first option does not work, make the C: partition active using Disk Management. Then open an admin command prompt and type:

bcdboot C:\Windows /s C:

which will put the boot files on C: and make it the system partition.

If you want to check if the boot files are present, use the folder options to show hidden files. Then look for a bootmgr file or boot folder in the partition. But the boot files have to be in an active partition.

If everything else is OK, it should boot. If you have moved the leading edge of any partition, there are no guarantees.

the first partition which is 300 M ,the lap came like that .

and if i did like what you said ,will the recovery work ? i've the recovery in drive D ,but when i press F8 it no longer works after i made repartition .

will the recovery work?
Since I do not know the original configuration, or even exactly which recovery you are referring to, I cannot really answer the question. The F8 normal Windows option should work, but the OEM situation is not familiar to me.

I will assume, at the present time, you cannot do a factory recovery using any utility supplied with the computer?

well you are right about F8 ,i kept pressing it and it worked but what's ur comment about drive D which is above drive c ? is there is something wrong in that ?

Back