Windows 10 Password incorrect

john92210

Every time I start my computer I get the error "Password is incorrect. Try again". I type in my Windows account password and the desktop opens. The computer doesn't seem to remember my password. Should it?

If you get that message as soon as your computer turns on without typing anything, then you probably have an autologon setup that is incorrect. If you turn it on and it states it's incorrect after you enter it then you are probably just typing it incorrectly.

I'm having this same problem with my father's new Asus laptop at logon. It worked fine the first couple of times, but then he did an office install and update, and that was when it all went wrong.

I have tried doing all the other fixes I could find on the net, but could not get the stupid machine to open the command prompt window that was needed to create an admin user to bypass the logon screen.

Is there any other way to fix a forgotten password issue in windows 10 without password reset tool or command prompt options?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I'm having this same problem with my father's new Asus laptop at logon. It worked fine the first couple of times, but then he did an office install and update, and that was when it all went wrong.
An Office install is likely to use a Microsoft account. Has the login changed to that?

it's not working. I can get command prompt now, but cannot find the specified file path. this is a brand new computer purchased Tuesday. stupidly I set a password in the bios which can only be changed not removed (min 3 characters) which I think has locked the hard drive and prevents repairs. we already have the latest version of wx, so can't update and there is no way of going back.

I've spent about 8 hours on this so far and still can't fix easy.

what else can I do?

You remove a BIOS password by removing the CMOS battery, this may require taking the laptop apart to get to the CMOS battery. Having a BIOS password won't affect the hard drive. Some systems support a hard drive password, these will protect the hard drive even if it is rmoved and are stored in the hard drive firmware controller. Some forensic programs can remove these passwords

I don't know which ASUS netbook you have, but I think you can't remove the battery, neither can you remove the CMOS battery (you get warranty problems), and you have set a master password which blocks access to your disk.

Have you tried to get onto BIOS by pressing f2 during POST?

Job for ASUS Repair centre?

Back