Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Web Browser Password Manager

• Excel Spreadsheet/Paper

• Total voters

Axel PC

Honorable Member
I understand if you don't want to participate in the poll. But I thought it'd be interesting to see what the community here uses considering it's a mixture of us older geeks and newer geeks. So that spans lots of changes in tech and lots of opinions.

I've been using LastPass for a few years now. It's been great. I know they had a couple attacks/breaches. However, how their system is set up nothing important was accessed, something to do with how physical servers and data are separated. And some tech security names like Steve Gibson use it personally still. But I've heard some good things about Bitwarden and am curious if anyone here has used it.

Also it's hard to find genuine reviews and user reviews because so many sites get paid by companies to list their product at the top, best of, or do an exclusive review of it. So you mostly get outlines of features rather and real word usage reviews. Like works great on Windows but when I'm trying to save a password on iOS it does X, Y, and Z, does that make sense?

Well thanks for participating. I'm sure others here would be interested in the results. I put that you could choose 2 options. I figured there might be people that use a password manager and might want to keep an air gaped physically print out of their passwords too. I've heard about this strategy. Thanks!

A bit confusing - are we talking here about password managers or password generators?
I use Roboform password manager which isn't listed.

@patcooke I'm sorry about leaving out Roboform. It's one of the forerunners in this area! I remember using it on IE back in the day when it was mainly to fill out forms. I added it to the poll.

I'm talking about password managers. However, I think with any major password manager having a password generator would be a default feature?

Back