Windows 7 Password problems!

manimal

Hi,
my young son has been "playing" with the laptop, now the password he thought he used does not work.
i tried using Link Removed - Invalid URL as many people pointed to it on the forum with no success, does anyone have any other ideas?
I cant log on to another account as he seems to have changed something there as well, when i turn the pc on it immediately logs him on and does not give me the option to log into my account, am i missing something?
Any help would be gratefully accepted!
Thanks

If it is logging him in automatically with no option to log you in then it begs the question:

Is your account active ? have a look in the control panel area and see if you have an account active on the computer, sounds like it has been deleted or deactivated.

If it is logging him in automatically with no option to log you in then it begs the question:

Is your account active ? have a look in the control panel area and see if you have an account active on the computer, sounds like it has been deleted or deactivated.

how do i get into the control panel area, do you mean where the user name is?
theres no options other than his username there or am i looking in the wrong place?

thanks for the reply cybercore however ive tried all of the above, even his password reminder doesnt work so its looking like something more drastic is needed....

Have you tried "manage another account" in the Control panel - user accounts? Otherwise, you could, as you have access there try and create your account, using the same name as before, or create a new account.

Is your old account still, in Windows Explorer, under "users"

A third option would be to type Control userpasswords2, in the Start, Open Advanced and advanced again, and make sure your old account is enabled,.(If it is there!)

Last edited:
Google cd080802

That's the only way I have found to resolve a lost password. It resets the password to nothing, like the system was originally setup so that when you logon it asks you to set the password. It's and ISO and you boot to it. The only problem I had was that I didn't understand I had to WRITE to the drive after I made the change. That part was a little tricky to understand.

But his son is getting logged on automatically. Am I missing something? He is on to the desktop?

manimal said:
my young son has been \"playing\" with the laptop, now the password he thought he used does not work.

His son cannot log in either. :(

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

How to Hack Into a Windows XP Computer Without Changing Password Raymond.CC Blog

4sysops - Three ways to reset a Windows Vista admin password

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I am definitely am out of the picture - lol he says "when i turn the pc on it immediately logs him on "

Last edited:
try this free methods.

Link Removed - Invalid URL

I hope this article will help you out!
obviously, it also support Link Removed - Invalid URL.

I am definitely am out of the picture - lol he says \"when i turn the pc on it immediately logs him on \"

:razz: Not necessarily, maybe I am out of the picture:

Hi,
my young son has been \"playing\" with the laptop, now the password he thought he used does not work.

I cant log on to another account as he seems to have changed something there as well, when i turn the pc on it immediately logs him on and does not give me the option to log into my account, am i missing something?

If the son can actually log in with his account AND if manimal does remember his own password, then it could simply be worth to Switch users - Ctr Alt Del > Switch Users or Log out > Choose your account name and log in with your password.

If an account does have the administrative privileges then it is possible to manage user acounts:

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Start > Standard > Command prompt > control userpasswords2

uncheck "Users must enter a user name and a password"
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

If an account does not have the privileges or does not login due to the password loss, then the option is (1) to reinstall the system or to (2) try to use a hacked sfcfiles.dll to make the system accept any password you type.

How to Hack Into a Windows XP Computer Without Changing Password Raymond.CC Blog

Manimal's feedback is required.

ok, you need to use a password reset disk to recover your password, here below will show you how to do that job with USB drive or CD/DVD.

Guide: Link Removed - Invalid URL

good luck.

Back
Top Bottom