password recovery win 7

Discussion in 'Windows 7 Help and Support' started by Billd59, Jul 1, 2012.

1. Billd59

Billd59 New Member

I have a problem. I remote Into my Sister IN-Law computer to help her. She has this problem that her password doesn't work. What I want to do Is to check and see If her password Is the same. Can any one help me with a program to veiw her password by remote? I have to do this from my house. She lives far from me.

2. patcooke

patcooke Microsoft MVP
    Staff Member Premium Supporter Microsoft MVP

3. Billd59

Billd59 New Member

My Sister-In-Law Is not that good with the computer. I would like to do It remotely If I could. Her password or profile keeps getting messed up. I will take that and she If I could make her understand It.

4. Pauli

Pauli Extraordinary Member
    Premium Supporter

If her password gets messing up, it's either because of her, some other user, or a nasty malware. I mean, you can loose your password, you can loose it twice, but if it keeps getting messed up, it sounds like a more serious problem. Doesn't it? In that case, we need to get to the root of it?

No offense.

5. Billd59

Billd59 New Member

Yes It does. That's why I want to monitor her password for her to see If It changes. If you have any Ideas let me know? I don't know If someone Is trying to do something with the password or If the profile Is getting screwed up.

Do you know If Windows 7 Home has a password expiration on It?

6. Pauli

Premium Supporter

7. Billd59

Billd59 New Member

8. Pauli

Premium Supporter

Well i would suggest you try to get your Sister-In-Law to grasp the advice given by patcooke. I mean, you can't really do anything remotely, can you, since ye have not the password. Unless you want to create a carrier as a hacker? :cool: ... then, nothing would be impossible.
    Another option is, ask Microsoft. If the program is legitimate, they usually show great understanding, and they do have a great customer service. Besides, they have all knowledge there is. Make a phone call, be sure to have all receipts with registration codes etc. at hand. They actually have the capability to reload the entire PC, if you give them your = her e-mail.

1 person likes this.
  9. Billd59

Billd59 New Member

Ok I will. Just for your Information I made me a Administer account and It just happen to her account not my account. just wanted to let you know. I will try contacting them. I know It Is a real copy of Windows she brought the computer from Staples with Wndows 7 on It. Thanks again