PC Front Panel Lights!

ExclusiveWF

Howdy!

I have an issue with my pc front panel case lights, to be more specific I have 2 led lights, one that looks like a cylinder logo for the HDD and one with a light bulb logo, the cylinder is red the light bulb is blue.

The issue is that I put the right connections on the motherboard but is a blinking light bulb for HDD in blue and the cylinder logo led is off-nothing shows.

I tried to change the position. i can't manage to light up the cylinder-led light for HDD.

What I'm missing where can be the issue?

The lights are LEDs, or light-emitting diodes, and electricity only flows one way through diodes. Just reverse the connector. The white wire is ground and the colored wire is power. As a rule of thumb, the power pins are closer to the main power connector on the motherboard.

Also refer to the motherboard manual, it will tell you exactly what the front panel header pins connect to.

If you can post a close-up photo of the front panel header so I can read the tiny labels printed on the PCB around the header, I may be able to help you better.

Sent from my VS988 using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Back