Windows 7 Pc will not find my network has it;s own

dbsportsbrit

I have att 2wire win7 laptop and pc laptop network has my wdlive but my pc cannot find the network no matter what i do it seems to have its own and it has called its self network6 ever since i set up (it named itself automatically) I cannot change to my network that my Laptop is on and everything else is on (i named it manutd) so i cannot find the Manutd network on my pc only the network6

It's not exactly clear from your post but it seems that you may confusing your workgroup name with your connection name. If both computers are running Windows 7, then right click computer, choose properties and look in the area labeled "Computer name, domain, and workgroup settings. Click the link that says "Change settings" then the button that says "Change" in the box labeled "Workgroup:" enter the name of your choice on both machines, make sure it is the same name.
The actual network connection name has no particular impact in so far as networking is concerned, but for the sake of clarity you may want to change that also. Type ncpa.cpl into the search box and hit enter. Select the specific network connection you wish to change then right click and choose rename. You may want to name them something simple like "Wired" or "Wireless" but again this doesn't having any affect on the actual networking of the two machines.
Open the network and sharing center and in the left column choose "Change advanced sharing settings" make sure you have "Turn on network discovery" and "Turn on file and printer sharing" selected. The rest of the settings are a matter of personal preference depending on how and what you want to accomplish.

The pc in question cannot see what my laptop sees on the laptop network it is like it is on its own it looks like i have 2 networks they just will not connect with each other

I did everything you suggested but it is just acting like it is the only computer i have it cannot see anything else i have like the laptop does (Laptop sees my wdlive and my drives) my pc cannot be seen and it cannot see anything and everything is plugged into my att 2wire

On the problem computer, type ncpa.cpl into the search box and hit enter.
Select then right click the adapter that you are using and choose properties.
Select Internet Protocol Version 4 and click the properties button
Click the advanced button
Select the WINS tab at the top
Select the second radio button from the bottom, that says "Enable NetBIOS over TCP/IP
OK your way back out of there
Type services.msc into the search box and hit enter
make sure the following services are started, if not right click and choose start
Network Connections
Network List Service
Network Location Awareness
Network Store Interface Service
Server
SSDP Discovery
TCP/IP NetBIOS Helper
Workstation

Back