Windows 7 Peer Networking Grouping

trex

I have windows 7 ultimate and running dual core, 3gig of memory I have a netgear wireless gateway CG814WG, wireless usb adapter WG111v2 and I’m getting the first 3 system errors from event viewer

1. Peer Networking Grouping (service name: p2psvc) can’t start service The Peer Networking Grouping service depends on the Peer Name Resolution Protocol service which failed to start because of the following error:
%%-2140993535 event ID:7001

2. Peer Name Resolution Protocol service The Peer Name Resolution Protocol service terminated with the following error: %%-2140993535 event ID:7023

3. The Peer Name Resolution Protocol cloud (service name: PNRPSvc) The Peer Name Resolution Protocol cloud did not start because the creation of the default identity failed with error code: 0x80630801 event ID:102

Could not turn this service and the top 3 on
PNRPAutoReg service can’t get this to start, when I try to start in services I get this error 1068

trex;
Hello and welcome to the forum.
Usually that 1068 error reflects that a dependent service was not able to start.
Please open the services console
type
services.msc
into the search or run dialog box and hit enter
scroll down and make sure the the
Peer Networking Identity Manager is not set to disabled just double click it and set the startup type to manual.

thx trouble, its great to be part of this forum.

I went to services console and found Peer Networking Identity Manager and it was set to auto, changed it to manual and its running.

I also tried to start PNRPsvc, p2psvc and PNRPAutoReg no change to any.

Maybe I can delete thes from the regedit?

There is much discussion on the web about a corrupt file resulting in similar issues. The file is located here
C:\Windows\ServiceProfiles\LocalService\AppData\Roaming\PeerNetworking
and is called
idstore.sst
Basically it calls for deleting the file and then restarting the service and the file is recreated.
So I tested the premise. I stopped
Peer Name Resolution Protocol
Peer Networking Grouping
Peer Networking Identity Manager
PNRP Machine Name Publication Service
Deleted the contents of the folder noted above which in my case included
idstore.sst
and
idstore.sst.new
restarted the services and everything worked both files were re-created.
So it might be worth a try.
Regards
Randy

I have seen posts on the net about this and I wasn't real sure how to do it but I found this forum and you laid it out pretty straight foward so let me see if I got it right.

I stopped all these services that I could.
Peer Networking Grouping

then I went to:
C:\Windows\ServiceProfiles\LocalService\AppData\Roaming\PeerNetworking
where I found 10 items and not real sure which or all to delete and I have attached an image.
peernetworking.GIF

Next you said:
Deleted the contents of the folder noted above which in my case included
idstore.sst
and
idstore.sst.new
are you talking about the folders in C:\Windows\ServiceProfiles\LocalService\AppData\Roaming\PeerNetworking?

Can't say for sure, all I can report is what I found and what I did.
You may be better off just renaming (change the file extension from .sst to .OLD
Should accomplish the same thing and a lot easier to go back and un-do if problems occur.

This is a keeper and thanks Randy! thanks for the quick responce:up:
I made a restore point an put .old at the end of everything in C:\Windows\ServiceProfiles\LocalService\AppData\Roaming\PeerNetworking

went to services, started:
Peer Networking Grouping

started fine, went to C:\Windows\ServiceProfiles\LocalService\AppData\Roaming\PeerNetworking

and it created:
idstore.sst.new
idstore.sst
9626e.......

so I deleted everything else except those 3 folders in the image that have the red dots, haven't figured out what they belong to if they even do.

I would like to know the start up type for these 3.
1. Peer Name Resolution Protocol....its set at auto
2. Peer Networking Grouping..........its set at auto
3. PNRP Machine Name Publication Service....its set at manual

Thanks,
Dave

Last edited:
Dave:
Glad to hear that you were able to resolve your problem. Thanks for posting back and updating your thread with the information.
Thanks for joining our community and we hope to continue to see you around the forum.
Randy

Back